WHAT DO U THINK IS THE BEST DIET TO LOSE WEIGHT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• low carb

I have tried almost every diet out there and low carb is the only one that is a "lifestyle change" worth keeping
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 4:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• More fruit and vegies and less carbs and sugary foods.

Answer by louise2 at 5:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• OP here what is legumes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Changing the way you eat hun IS a diet! What you eat is your diet.

I am sorry but IDK about you OP but if I ate a bunch of veggies BEFORE a meal I would not be able to eat the meal! Just eat LESS junk, Cut out soda completely, Just drink as much water as possible. For snacks eat fruits or veggies. I adore apples and cheese or carrots and ranch. For meals IF you eat pastas then eat a NORMAL serving NOT what a " serving" is to most these days. I don't eat candy, chips, or ice creams. I just don't buy them so there is no temptation either. Eat more raw fruits and veggies, fish, and whole grains and you should be fine to lose weight. Add that to a daily work out and you will be doing good.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:05 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Legumes are beens I think.

Answer by louise2 at 6:40 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Legumes are peas, beans and lentils.

I don't think fad "diets" are the way to go. You want to change the way you eat and the way you look at food forever. When you decide on a way of eating, make sure it's realistic to continue it for the rest of your life. My own personal philosophy is to eat what I call "real" food. Natural, whole foods that you combine, cook and bake yourself. Fruits and vegetables, whole grains and unseasoned, unprocessed meats. Choose foods based on their nutritional value and not how many calories it has or how many grams of carbs, fat and protein it has.

You can still eat treats, but in moderation.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:02 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• No soda!!! And plenty of non-processed foods :) Of course, my most hated pastime...exercise. BLEH
    haysmum

Answer by haysmum at 7:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• weight watchers is the most successful diet program, or so i have heard!
    what i like about ww point system is that veggies are considered a free food, so you can eat all of those that you want!
    i did one diet/ exercise program that required 5 small meals a day...the plan allowed for one day off a week from the diet so that your diet was not complete deprivation...which is helpful.
    i think it is important to include some sort of exercise program...even just a walk outside (weather permitting) several days a week.
    good luck with your weight loss!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• The best "diet" to lose weight is the "Don't Diet - Diet"...conundrum, I know.

Essentially, dieting doesn't work. Lifestyle changes and adjustments do. You have to re-train your brain, make healthier choices in your eating, exercise and, make all of them a part of your every-day-existence.

Some helpful tips: Never wear stretchy clothes - when the stretch gives a little, you won't be able to tell when you're putting on weight. Chew your food at least 20 times (try for more) with every bite. It takes 20 minutes for the body to process the "I'm full" signal from your brain to your tummy. Don't eat late. By late, I mean after 8:00pm. I try to NOT eat anything (other than a cup of coffee) after 6pm. For some, this may be hard with work, school, kid schedules but, general rule of thumb is 8pm. Drink a lot of water. It not only helps wash out toxins, it fills you up. A lot of "hunger" is actually thirst.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2010