• In the Spotlight:

What do you do when you get a bad haircut?

Last night I got my hair cut. I've been to this salon before and was pleased. I went with a picture of the style/cut I wanted. She said oh that will look great on you. I LOVED this style.
http://beauty.about.com/od/bangswelove/ss/bangs2_11.htm
My hair was long, no layers. Well I came home and its nothing like the picture. I cried my eyes out. My husband thinks I shouldn't have even paid. I may go up to the salon this morning and talk to them. I don't want them to trim any off or anything like that, but was t hinking maybe they can help me style it.
What do you do when you get a bad cut?

betsystipo

Asked by betsystipo at 6:40 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• go kick some ass!! ;) luv ya!
    mommieof4girlz

Answer by mommieof4girlz at 6:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I got highlights done once at a salon I usually love. I have very dark brown hair, almost black, so I picked out a caramel color for the highlights. Well, when the girl was done the highlights were blond! I didn't have the nerve to say anything because the were closing up shop, but I called back the next day and they had me come in and fixed it for free and gave me a discount for the previous day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I never like the way the salon styles my hair. Go home and play with it and figure out what you do not like or a way that works for you....maybe have another stylist fix what you do not like. Sometimes it takes my hair a few days to calm down after a hair cut.....Otherwise it goes up in a bun until it grows out.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 1:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I would not have paid. Go to another salon and ask if there is anything they can do with it. Is it a bad cut or you just dont like it?
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• depending on how short the bad cut is, I will have them trim it a little better. But coming from three bad cuts in a row, I had a friend trim it last time. And she did a great job. Sadly sometimes the best way to deal with a bad cut is to just let it grow out.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:05 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• LOL I hear ya on bad hair cuts. I went to the salon last week wanting a Lisa Rinner type short layered cut that I could make flippy...instead she gives me Kate Gosselin reverse mullet
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• lol dont go to fantastic sams they cant cut hair if their life depended on it.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't go to another salon until you've talked to the previous one. Maybe the stylist was just having a bad day. (I know I've had my fair share of these while at work. I'm a stylist myself) Or maybe the client before you was just a b****. You never know. But I would go and talk to her and if need be, talk to a manager. Don't get all angry and yell about it, b/c this will just piss off all the workers. Maybe they can work something out like either fixing the haircut, giving you your money back, or giving you a wonderful discount on your next visit. Point is, go and talk to them first.
    luckmomto2

Answer by luckmomto2 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2010