• In the Spotlight:

What do you do to give back?

I know as moms, it's hard to find additional time to volunteer. I'm wondering what other moms are doing to give back to their community. This morning, I'm helping a local church with a consignment sale.

KendraR

Asked by KendraR at 6:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I go in to DC on Wed nights and feed the homeless.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I help with my local Boy Scout troop. We are very active and do a lot of community service projects.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I used to foster cats and kittens for our local SPCA.  I am unable to foster at the present time due to my schedule but when my circumstances change, I plan to resume. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I raise money for various charities with my school.
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 8:17 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I just say yes to all the "would you like to donate to______ today?" lol

its not much but its better then nothing
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:40 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• i do the same as ryan, and if i get teh oppertunity, i feed the homeless on thanksgiving
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 8:55 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I am a college student and work part time I donate my books to the lending library or give them to people who cannot afford them. I also work in the parking on campus and when people cannot afford to pay I have helped as many as five a week not a whole lot but helping some might lead to the helping of more from those I have helped a pay it forward mentality and it helps me as well.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I bake cakes as a side job. The pre-school my child attends has a very high "low-income" family ratio. So i ask his teacher to give me the children's names that will probably not get a cake for their birthday and I do it for free and take it to them.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2010