What do you get your kids for easter? Do you do easter breakfast? What do you put in their basket? What activites do you do all day?

NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Asked by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 9:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we have an easter family meal ( dinner -- with a big ham, and lots of sides)

they each get a big basket ( a wicker laundry basket) that I decorate with ribbons and stuff, they get like 3 different types of candy, plus a chocolae bunny, a couple toys, and about 2-3 new putfits and sometimes a pair of sandles...

this is theres from last year

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae165/glamomomo/l_d9257a01603444339325374195913c39.jpg

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae165/glamomomo/l_4014c77166a44243a04216cdf8d80b1f.jpg
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:00 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I hide eggs (real and plastic) all over the house, or outside if it's warm enough. I put change in the plastic eggs. I try not to give to much candy so I put little treats in the basket like a book and maybe some pencils, erasers, pokemon cards. I try to keep it simple but fun!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• we have sunrise breakfast and hide the eggs outside if it's not raining and then we have a large dinner(lunch)i give her a basket filled with candy, stickers, money, coloring book with crayons, and a stuffed animal.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• We don't do much. I usually get them baskets with some candy (mostly my favorites so I can eat all the leftovers, they rarely ever have candy so I don't mind them pigging out on Easter) and small gifts (that I get in the $1 section at Target or the $1 store).
    They do an Easter egg hunt around the house. And we have dinner that night.
    That's it. There's nothing else special that we do. They get dressed up if they feel like it and I'll take pictures but there's no reason to get all fancy since we don't go anywhere.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:28 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• we've been going out for brunch the last few years.

I make easter buckets for each with fun dollar store trinkets, colouring book, skipping rope, bubbles, outside toys. not much big stuff but lots of fun little things. and some chocolate.

in the am they do an egg hunt too.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• When my girls were little they got an Easter basket each year, but I stopped doing that when they grew into their teens and it felt mundane.
    We tried coloring eggs one year and it just wasn't our 'cup of tea' so I would just boil the eggs and we would make devilled eggs the next day.
    A couple of years when they were very little we took them to Nanny's house for an Easter egg hunt.
    Now we just do a basket for our granddaughter. This year is her 2nd Easter so she'll enjoy it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• my kids are spread out in ages (some grown) but I still make a small Easter basket for them. Their favorite candy, and a choc. bunny, of course plastic eggs filled with treats (movie ticket, play tickets, coupons for freebies..LOL! my college kids love that!money) On Easter day, we go to church/Sunday school..then take a BBQ/ picnic at the lake/beach and fly kites, hunt eggs, cook, eat, laugh. Easter is my favorite holiday.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2010