At what age do you put your kid in preschool?

NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Asked by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 9:03 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Thats your choice really,all kids are different. My son turned 3 a couple weeks after he had already started preschool.It took a couple weeks for him to get used to it since he had never been away from home,but I'm glad we decided to send him because he is learning SO much!! Alot of preschool is about socializing and making friends-and learning how to share and all that good stuff. It just comes down to weather or not you feel that your child is ready to goto school at 3 or if you think they'd be better off waiting until they're 4.
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• In our area they have to be four BY September 15, my son's birthday is September 27th, so he was five when he went to preschool.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• mine was 3 when she first started. we did it only really to get her used to interacting with other children. she already knew her abc's, numbers, colors, and all but she's an only child so she needed to be around children her own age and learn to share, manners, ect. she's almost 4 now and can tell you the days of the week. what day of the week it is, sits like a lady when she's eating, (i laughed when she crossed her legs) and other things. i don't regret it at all.

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• My 3 year old is on a waiting list...its been forever!
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:17 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• At three years old.

Answer by older at 9:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• here the want them to be 3, and it goes on income so my oldest didn't get in but started kindergarten when he was 5. now they have a new program from birth to 3 and hopefully i'll be working with the program so my 2 and 3 year old will be going.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 9:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2010