• In the Spotlight:

Sweet potatoe fries

Do I need to peal the potatoe before making baked fries with them or is it ok to bake them with the skins on?

logansmom6106

Asked by logansmom6106 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Person choice. The skins are plenty healthy to eat and have good fiber. Either way is fine.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Leave the skins on! They are good for you. But either way is fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Let me know how these turn out!! I've been wanting to make oven fried sweet potato fries but I'm afraid they'll come out mushy. I want them to be crispy. If they turn out good, let me know and share your recipe please!! I would be very appreciative.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• A friend of mine told me to coat them in olive oil and bake them on 450 for 20 mins. Ill let u know how they come out.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Since sweet potatoes are grown without pesticides, the skins are safe to eat when they are not organic.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I made the sweet potatoe fries and i left the skins on did a shake and bake thing with a little Olive oil and garlic and baked them on 350 for 25 mins. half way through i flipped them over they were not to bad but i would have liked them a bit more crisp with out burning any hints on that i would like. Thanks for the advice.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 14, 2010