is it true that your child hardly has any hair that later down the road they have alot of hair? some lady and me were tlking about our kids her baby had alot of hair and my daughter is 11 month with only fuzz hair on top of her head lol

SheilaAM

Asked by SheilaAM at 9:28 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• doubt it
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• It is true, my middle daughter had little hair, I shaved what little she had and it came back a full head of hair.

Answer by older at 9:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• eh, I guess it CAN be true for some. But I know several peach fuzz babies from different families who are adults now, and have very thin/fine/downy hair.

All of my babies were born with massive amounts of hair, and have extremely thick hair now. I was the same.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I dunno, both my kids have a TON of hair now, very thick. They are 11 and 16. Both just had "fuzz" for the first year or so, so maybe it's true lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:11 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I don't think you can really tell how their hair will be by baby hair. DD's was very thick and 1 inch long when she was born. She has very thick fine hair now.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• My boys were all pretty bald until they were almost 2 and they have quite thick hair now. But both hubby and I have very thick hair so I think that has more to do with it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• doubt it.

my middle dd has short coarse hair, that just doesn't grow - it was barely to her shoulders, we cut it, and its been 2 years and its barely to the shoulders.

Anonymous

• I think it's all genetics. My daughter was born with a full head of hair. My husband's side has relatively thick hair and my side has thick hair so odds are she's going to have thick hair as well. I have ridiculously thick hair. It's a monstrosity, really. I don't think it has anything to do with how much she had at birth.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2010