so i was working out yesterday... and my whole body is sore and cramping up. what can i do so that i can workout today???

or what do yall do??

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 9:31 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• take ibuprophen before your workout and drink lots of water. your body will get used to it all soon. until then, you'll be sore. its worth it thgouh!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• scale it back,but keep it up today
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You should never work the same muscles twice in a row, try to separate them in different days and your problem will be solved, they need time to rest.

Answer by older at 9:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Drink a ton of water. Just do stretching today. Maybe a long walk. Soreness is often caused by lactic acid build up. Increasing your water intake before, during, and after your workout will prevent this in the future. Stretching after your work out is also key to preventing soreness.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Do A LOT of stretching and hydrate.Flush out that lactic acid. But maybe take it a little easier today. Hope you feel better! :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Drink a ton of water and stretch like crazy. Take today off to let your muscles recoup. Scale down your work out untill you can build up to a more intense level
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:05 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I went from being a couch potato to working out... and even the lightest workout made me sore for days... on the days I was in too much pain to move I would just stretch and drink a ton of water. This is working for me, I'm having to take less days off from working out now. At first I was so sore I couldnt walk for a week (thank you squats) now I only have to take a day off every once in a while.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Don't stretch cold muscles, though. Walk or do a light workout before you stretch. Always stretch after you work out and while your muscles are still warm. If you are sore today, it is likely that you overdid yesterday and didn't stretch. A little soreness is normal when doing a new workout, but a lot of soreness isn't. Perhaps today you can walk or do a light version of what you did yesterday. Then start out more slowly and build up gradually over the days and weeks.

Answer by Bmat at 10:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• bananas!!! potassium helps the cramping go away - or not as bad.

do a slow workout today

and KEEP moving! don't stop and just sit down - it will make the muscle pain that much worse when you do stand up.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I agree with lots of water, some ibuprofen and take a rest day. Or go on a light walk to loosen up your muscles a bit. But, mostly what your body needs right now is rest.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 10:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2010