Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The one story ALL moms LOVE to tell!!!

I wanna know how your labor went?!

How long? How grusome? How amazing?

What was it like when they placed your bundle of joy on your chest?

Who cut the chord?!

All the juicy details, no pun intended! :)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

Answers (21)
  • labor gosh umm i went to the hospital bcuz i had some fluid leaking they induced me at 9 a.m and i didnt start pushing intill 7 p.m. that last hour from 6-7 was the worst my med's were already fading and my bay wante to come out lol. i pushed for 1 hour and it wasnt pain i wouldnt say it was more like anxious because he was pushing down. lol. well my baby came out by 8:03 when i saw him i thought he was a huge baby but then the doctor said (ur premie is 5'10) when i first saw my son i wantd to cry i couldnt believe it i wanted to cry for two reasons because i was sad and because i was so happy i was happy because well i just had a baby hes my miricle and i was sad because my bf/babys daddy wasnt there :( he had gotten arrested like 3 days b4 he was going to get out the following day but my baby came early. well anyways my mom and grama were n the room but my grama was away from me my mom got to cut the cord. i wrote alot :)

    Answer by javieradrian at 4:07 AM on Sep. 22, 2008

  • 28 hours, induced for high blood pressure. Tried all natural, but they had to use drugs to kick up the contractions, she didn't want to come out yet. So with back to back contractions they put the big needle in my back making me sit up and scream the whole time. After the drugs kicked in, I couldn't feel my legs until I started pushing. When her head popped out after about 5 minutes of pushing, everyone looked at me like I was crazy when I cried "omg! what the hell was THAT?!" When they put her in my arms I cried and cried and cried. Daddy cut the cord.

    Answer by lilbit837 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

  • My labor was great. I had him at 38 weeks with an epidural. I was in labor for 9 hours (slept most of the time (pushed for 15 minutes (Only because the cord was stuck around his neck, that was the only scare but it was all good when he came out)) I was amazed when I first held him and my husband cut the cord. It was a bery happy and unforgettable moment.  First and only pregnancy pregnancy so far.


    Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

  • My last one was amazing. I don't dialate, I don't contract, nothing happens by itself. I had three kids induced. Kid 4 was a month overdue and they couldn't figure it out. I screamed at the doctor that the baby had run out of room, no one listened to me and if I didn't have the baby SOON I was gonna kill someone. They scheduled my c-section the next day. She weighed 10 lbs 8 ozs. The doctor had to put his foot on the operating table for leverage because she was stuck, head down. THAT was fun.

    Answer by SkyeGirl at 11:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

  • CONT: Yelled at the nurse cause the contractions actually started KILLING ME...she told me to sit down because my water hadnt broke....well once I said ARE YOU F*IN serious...? MY water broke right there on both of us ;)....then I ran to the bathroom to try and do#2..finally i let the nurse check me and I was 9 CM!!! From more contraction and BOOM I was pushin him out...a couple painless pushes later and NO epideral(after being laughed at for asking for NUMBING CREME haha the nurses lied said there was such a thing) my son was placed on me at 5:54am!
    Grandpa cut the chord <3

    Answer by xandersmama22 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

  • Haha LOVED ALL YOUR STORIES...this was a great ? Anon.
    Anyway July 27, 2008....7pm I WANT SUSHI, and I am CONVINCED my son is coming out TONIGHT! So I eat SPICY tuna + SPICY cali roll...with EXRTA spicy stuff on top :) THEN went home with the GF and walked 5 miles (1 week overdue) to CVS, where I bought Castor Oil, got home...Took half a sip of a teaspoon lol I was a whimp...And then fell asleep...Woke up at 430 feeling SOME cramps but thought it was just the castor oil doin its job...So I figured out I was getting pains every 8 min....and finally at 4:45 drove to the hospital...walked in at 5:04...CONT

    Answer by xandersmama22 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

  • Now I'm panicking & say "I cant have the baby now I'm not ready, I'm all alone here, and besides the nursery isn't ready" (clearly not thinking straight I know) Doc says "you can have a few minutes to make a call but the OR is ready and we're taking you upstairs NOW". So I'm frantically calling my husband, my sister, my mom, anyone. no answer . I finally get my 83 year old grandma on the phone and explain the situation. She must've understood me through the sobbing cause she was able to get in touch with everyone. My sister arrived right before they brought me in so she came in with me. My mom & dad got there in time. Husband arrived 30 min after DS was born. He missed the whole thing. DS was 5 lbs 7 oz and healthy only 1 night in NICU praise God.

    Answer by misscandyland at 10:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

  • I was 34 weeks and going in every other day for ultrasound & heart monitring due to choleostasis. My husband usually went to the appts with me but he had that day off and that morning he asked if he could go hang out with a buddy that lived about 90 min away. Silly me, I said "sure" as the appts usually took about 30 min and I was headed in to work afterwards. At the appt. doc says. "Hmmmm baby's not moving". They did all these tests and little belly shock things and still cant get him to move. Now I'm terrified. I call husband but get no answer because HE LEFT HIS PHONE HOME. Doc comes back and says "I think we're going to go ahead and take the baby now."

    Answer by misscandyland at 10:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

  • (cont) An instant later, he picked up his head and looked at me! (always been freakishly strong) The doctor cut the cord even though my DH wanted to. They took him and cleaned him up, my doc shouted across the room "How big?" They replied "9lbs 11 oz, 23 inches long." My doc nearly drops her jaw and exclaims "HUH?" then looks at me and says "If I had known he was that big, you would have had a c-section over 10 hours ago." Thanks a lot. I was walking around 3 hours later. A few details I forgot to mention would be the various tubes they stuck up my ho-ha while my legs were numb, then the rounds of resident docs came around and "studied" me. Or how I scarred my DH's hand.

    Answer by MamaLion82007 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

  • (cont) He started to drive home to pick me up, and I walked a block and a half to meet him in the heat (threw up twice on the way). We got to the doc, who said I was def. in labor and dilated to 4. We got to the hospital 10 minutes later and I was at 7. I wanted no drugs because I tend to react badly to everything in pill or needle form, but after 10 more hours of crippling contractions and no further progress, I gave in and begged for the epidural. I instantly fell asleep for 3 hours, woke up and felt my son baring down (the epi had worn completely off). They said I was at 10 and ready to push. I was so exhausted that I had very little strength left, so I ended up pushing for 2 hours. My son got stuck 3 times, but finally was pulled free and put on my chest. (cont)

    Answer by MamaLion82007 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.