First Response Pregnancy Tests

I took two about a week ago, my period is 2 weeks late. The first one I took was a full negative, the second one I took the next morning had a white/grey line.. as well a one pink line. I have talked to various women over the internet and found that some of them have expirenced this and ended up being pregnant, while others say it's a evap. line... I'm so confused! I have ALL of the symptoms as well as what I think is a UTI. It's impossible to get into my dr's this soon, so I'm going to try and see if the sexual health clinic will give me a blood test without dr consent. Has anyone been through this before?! I would really like to know what's going on....

simplyelegance

Asked by simplyelegance at 10:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Or get a different test and take it. But a blood test is the most accurate
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:18 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Also, have you called your doc?? The doc doens't actually need to see you for a Pregnancy test, his MA's can do the blood draw
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• if the last time you tested was two weeks ago then test again. you might have tested a day too soon. being two weeks late is a really good sighn. ept early response are the best test scientifically speaking as they can detect the lowest amounts of hcg. good luck and baby dust.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 10:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I called yesterday and he told me that the earliest I could get in was a month.. and I need to find out now so I can start taking vitamins and such..
    simplyelegance

Answer by simplyelegance at 10:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I was told it's common with the first response tests! So I don't know.. we'll see.. I mean, I'm only 17. I want to make sure I do this RIGHT.. The nurse say my body may be sensitive to the chemical the HPT detects.. So, I think if I do get another test I will get one that says " pregnant " or " not pregnant " that way the lines cant mess me up!!! But no, I tested a week ago
    simplyelegance

Answer by simplyelegance at 10:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You can take vitamins before knowing you're pregnant. It won't hurt you if you're not pregnant, and lots of women take them when they first start trying.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• The thing with that is, I don't want to pay the whole $20.00 for prenatal vitamins when they might not even be of use to me you know? I take a muti v everyday now, but it's not the same.
    simplyelegance

Answer by simplyelegance at 10:34 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• A colorless line (white or gray) is an evaporation line. A pale line that's colored (pink or blue depending on the brand) is a faint positive.

A colorless line is a negative.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You should be taking prenatals if you're TTC. Doctors recommend you take them at least 6 months before planning to become pregnant. I took prenatals 6 years while TTC my first baby. It is fine to take them when you aren't yet pregnant.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:43 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• See.. This is where the confusion sets in.
    My period is two weeks late.. I have:
    - exhaustion to the point where I can hardly get out of bed
    - frequent urination
    - feeling sick to my stomach often
    - back and body pains
    - the odd headache
    - i'm very, very moody which isn't like me
    - constipation
    - increased discharge

gah lol.
    simplyelegance

Answer by simplyelegance at 10:43 AM on Mar. 13, 2010