Does your 2 yr old eat hot dogs?

I thought this was funny. My baby will be 2 next week. I am working on eating clean so changing the way we eat. Not that I ever served a ton of hot dogs but we have not had a hot dog in our house in a LONG time. So the sitter serves my 23mos old a hot dog and she says she just looks at it then looks at her(the sitter) like back and fourth for 5minutes. She tries to pick it up but isn't sure how to eat it till finally she just gives up without a bite and pushes it away! LOL I was like she has never had a hot dog and honestly probably doesn't know what they are! I thought it was funny.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No. They are a choking hazard if not cut and they are loaded with nitrates. My 3 and a half year old hasn't even tasted one yet.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:56 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• haha, I know there are some ok ones out there but we just don't have them around so she's never had one. maybe when she's old enough to eat them like a real hotdog. I'm trying to cut down on salts in her diet.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 11:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• yes thats why people cut them up .....My kids eat them on occasion. lots of food is bad for us!What mom just gives a kid a hot dog without cutting it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't give it to my DD. I do enjoy a hot dog now and then but I always pay for it. The nasty burps alone are reason enough not to eat them. It just gives me indigestion.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:17 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Buy organic hot dogs and you won't have to worry about all the crap added into them. IF you cut them up properly and MONITOR your kid while eating they won't choke. Amazing huh?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• YES amzing if you cut them up they won't choke and yeah how about staying with them! LOL common sense....Yeah we eat them..OMG!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• lmao. he just ate a cold one for breakfast. thats what he wanted. he loves them.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 11:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• My daughter hasn't ever tried one because we just don't eat them that often. I might consider getting some at the store today, hmmmm.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:43 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

Wow amazing...did you know your child can choke and die right in front of you..without you being able to remove the obstruction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• my DD doesnt like them at all. i think its a texture thing w/ her. ive served them to her on occasion but unless she's super hungry she just stares at it then throws it off her high chair.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:54 AM on Mar. 13, 2010