Short on money this year--would it be wrong to take change out of my son's piggy bank, to put in the easter eggs that he's going to find? (keep in mind, at the end he puts it back in his piggy bank)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is it wrong on a child's birthday to grab toys he already has and rewrap them instead of buying him new presents? Same thing.
    Anonymous

• No, thats not wrong. I would do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• omg, yes that's wrong. Go to a church or civic easter egg hunt and use their's. Leave that child's money alone. Once you start that (using his money) it gets easier every time until he's 18 and has no money in his bank bc you kept borrowing it all meaning to put it back. (yup, been there done that)

Answer by admckenzie at 12:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• LOL I think that is a little... odd! I wouldn't do it.
    Find something else to put in the eggs... there are plenty of inexpensive little treats to put in. Or use real eggs and dye them and he can eat those.
    Or if money is that tight, just don't hide eggs! He's a toddler, I assume, because you posted in this section... it's not like he is going to care or notice.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• admckenzie
    omg, yes that's wrong. Go to a church or civic easter egg hunt and use their's. Leave that child's money alone. Once you start that (using his money) it gets easier every time until he's 18 and has no money in his bank bc you kept borrowing it all meaning to put it back. (yup, been there done that)

SHE IS PUTTING THE MONEY INSIDE THE EGGS!!!!!!!! THE BOY IS GOING TO PUT THE MONEY RIGHT BACK INOT HIS PIGGY BANK. SHE IS NOT TAKING HIS MONEY FROM HIM!!
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with that. It's not like you're using his money to buy crack or something. You're giving it back to him and he won't know the difference anyway.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• lol yea that's kinda wrong. why don't you just not put money in his eggs? that's weird that you do anyway.
    Anonymous

• nothing wrong with it... it is just change -- not $20 bills.. and its going for him.. not your bad habits.. Even if we where hard on money & if i had to make a choice of not paying a bill or borrowing from my child on hard times Id borrow the money!! I put it in there. I AM the parent! Plenty of kids grow up without a savings. A savings is "extra" people! Calm down! Your not a bad parent if you cant afford for your baby/toddler to have a full piggy bank!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I've never even heard of putting coins in Easter eggs. I'd just put something else.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2010