My son WAS born with a FULL head of hair.......whats happening?

He is 5 1/2 months now, and his beautiful red hair is disappearing! When is it gonna come back? He has the obvious bald spot on the back of his head even though he doesn't spend much time on his back, but all on the top on his head basically where his hairline it starts receeding! Awwww....how long did it take for you baby's hair to come back???????????

HarpersMom715

Asked by HarpersMom715 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is normal and it will come back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Yeah, oldest son did that, he lost all of his hair on top, he looked like a little old man with just hair around the sides. It is normal, this actually happened twice, he has a very thick full head of beautiful shiny hair now though, I wouldn't worry, but of course if you are, talk to your doctor about it. The first time this happened, I had my son outside at the pool and sunscreened his head because he didn't have a full head of thick hair at birth (although he had quite a bit) and when we came inside, I washed his hair over the sink to get it out and that is when it fell out, it just washed right off! I thought it was because of the suncreen, but I talked to the doctor and he said no and that it's normal.
    TruckersWife426

Answer by TruckersWife426 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Do you remember how long it took to come back? He is going to have pics soon.....maybe bald pics :0)
    HarpersMom715

Answer by HarpersMom715 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• DS's hair did that. He finally grew hair back at 1 1/2 yrs old
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 11:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Normal! My sister was born with a thick head of black hair. A few months later she had flaming red hair. That all fell out and she ended up a blond! You never know what will happen, or how long it will take. just enjoy all the little stages. My 8 month old is still mostly bald with one patch of hair on one side of her head. I think it is cute!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• All 3 of my kids were born with full heads of black hair. For each of them it all fell out and started to grow back withing a few months. Now I have 2 blondes and a brunette, so be prepared, he may lose the color.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Normal! Sometimes it comes back in a different color. My DD had jet black when born and now is a blond.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• my sons hair was black when he was born it fell out and came back around 4-6 months and is now dirty blonde its finally starting to come in more and hes 10.5 months. both me and my hubs did the same thing our hair got darker around 5ish
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 12:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• My son was born with a head FULL of BLACK hair. It was thick too. He was your son's age when he started to get bald spots and patterns. He is now almost 2 with a head FULL of golden brown hair. Don't be surprised if it changes colors.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Normal. My son was born with a head full of dark reddish-brown hair... it fell out at about 3-4 months old. It wasn't until about 8 months old it started growing back in. By one, he had a head ful of dark blonde curls.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2010