E-Cigarettes

I've been smoking from the time I was 18. A friend is using the E-Cigarette to help her quit. Does anyone know anything about them? Have you tried them? Do they really help you quit?

CKasting

Asked by CKasting at 12:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Health

• I've looked into them & would like to try them. They actually don't recommend it alone for quitting though because it has a high fail rate at the moment. If you have enough will-power it is a great way to dwindle yourself down though because their cartridges (sp?) come with different levels of nicotine (all the way down to zero nicotine). You start with the one that is equal to the type of cigarette you smoke, then after two weeks go down to the next one, then two weeks later go down again, etc until you've reached zero. It seems like it would be a great way to quit, but it's probably the fact that most of the cartridges come in bulk packs you would still have a bunch of the higher ones & may be tempted to use those rather than spend the money to keep going lower. It's worth it to try though since you wouldn't be getting the other components of real cigarettes (ie tar, carbon monoxide, etc).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• As long as they don't make me hack like I've been doing. I've tried quting in the past but it always seems to last no more than two weeks.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 1:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I'm the same way. The e-cigarette shouldn't make you hack, it's vaporized nicotine instead of smoke.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2010