For Christians who want to learn more about 'Mormonism'

Have you ever read about 'Mormonism',do you know what goes on in their churches?For caring Christians please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mormonism teaches that trillions of planets scattered throughout the cosmos are ruled by countless gods who were once human like us.
    Anonymous

• wrong.
    Anonymous

• They teach Jesus Christ had three wives Mary his mother,Martha,and Mary Magdalene.
    Anonymous

• Mormonism is very confusing and hard to understand that's why even their followers don't know what they believe in.All I know is their Jesus Christ isn't the same one of the 'Christian' Bible,they have their own Bible.I've gotten most my information from a false teaching churches book.
    Anonymous

• Well, would someone (the asker, perhaps anon :42) care to enlighten us?
    Anonymous

• On top of the Mormon temple in Utah,there is engraved satanic symbols.The books I've read showed me the pictures.
    Anonymous

• OK... this is what I have heard FROM MORMONS that I have talked to...
    They believe in Jesus.... but they have the book of Mormon that elaborates on the bible. Apparently Jesus came to the Americas and taught like the Mayans or something... and the book of Mormon was written about that and the prophets from Jesus coming to the Americas after his death and resurrection and going to heaven again over across the sea :)... there are "new" or other teachings in the book of mormon.
    Apparently mormons use the bible and that book.
    Problem is... the bible says not to add or subtract from the bible... thebook of mormon does just that.. ADDs to it.
    I don't know about other gods... But I think they believe when they die they get their own planet to rule as a God. their views are a bit skewed. But that is all I really know... I haven't totally studied mormonism.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I'm not Mormon anymore, however I was born and raised in the LDS church. I have nothing against the religion and it's beliefs, though. I would recommend going to www.mormon.org if you want to learn about the LDS religion.

Also, the scripture that I believe Missbreezy is refering to "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book." There is no way that could possibly be referring to the bible as the bible didn't even exist at the time it was written. It was written and applicable only to the book of Revelations, and if you look at what was going on in the world at the time cont...
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• it was written it would make sense why John, the author of Revelations, would add that scripture. (The scripture is Revelations 22:18-19.)

The LDS religion does NOT believe that when they die they get their own planets and become Gods, but they do believe in something similar. However, considering that all religious beliefs are just stabs in the dark and hoping that what you've chosen to believe is the "right one", I don't think any Christians really have a right to ridicule Mormons for having different beliefs. Really... what you believe is just as crazy.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• My brother decided to join the LDS church in 1975 and married,had 4 kids. He sent me the Book of Mormon and A Pearl of Great Price and others having to do with the family and children. He really believes that if I don't join also and believe all of it, I will not reach the highest level of heaven where he and his family will reside when they die. That was why I didn't join. Everything I read was very "phony", in my opinion. I am really an Agnostic now ---after reading about every religion. They all think they are right, the only true church, and to me,that just means they are all wrong. ;-).
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2010