Pell Grants...

Anyone know a good site to apply for grants? I want to further my education, but every site i try just leads me to random sites asking me to sign up for free college information and it says nothing about applying for the grant.

JennaJ721

Asked by JennaJ721 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in

• fill out the fasfa, that will tell you what you qualify for.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 1:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• the FAFSA will automatically apply you for the pell grant.
    try Fastweb.com... they have scholarships and grants that you can apply for.
    Let me know if you find anything else!!! I am doing the same thing :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• At the FAFSA website it is going to ask you what college you are going to attend and they have a number that you enter for that school. go to the school's financial aide office to get that.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• FAFSA - and go to your school financial aid office, they will help you with everything. they have the pell grant loan paper applications right there in the office.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 3:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ Takes you straight to the site to fill out your FAFSA. http://studentaid.ed.gov/PORTALSWebApp/students/english/PellGrants.jsp?tab=funding Tells you about Pell Grants.

Since Pell Grants are a federal student aid thing, you need to fill out the FAFSA before you can get them.  You can also fill out the FAFSA in a financial aid office.  You will need to have an idea of what colleges you will be applying to so you can put their codes on the FAFSA.

preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You have to fill out the FAFSA to apply for any financial aid or student loans at any college. FAFSA is the free Fed app for financial aid and what colleges base how much aid they will give out. The app online takes about 30 minutes to fill out and it is very simple. Have 2009 tax return with you. The financial aid office at the college you want to attend can give you a lot of info.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Like other's have said, start by filling out the FAFSA. My college has a free lab with computer's and you can walk in during certain hours and they will help you file it. Maybe your's does to?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2010