Do you think I have a future?

In this economy? I am 23 years old and with the jobs being so limited, do you think I will have a future or am I stuck working at Walmart for life? I go to school by the way. I'm not asking this out of self pity but out of fear? I've had a lot of older adults tell me to not look forward to too much these days. What is your opinion?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's not looking good. Even with a college education, I can't seem to get a job. Walmart won't hire me either.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Walmart sucks. It's not something you should do unless you are desparate...lol. Just stating the truth. I still wonder what will happen to me.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't be too gloom and doom about everything just yet. Yes the economy is really bad and not getting drastically better anytime soon. But i will still continue your education and do what you can to give yourself an advantage. It's not going to be like this forever.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 1:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You have whatever future you want. If you have to move to a region that is not hit too hard by the economy, then move. You can still be whatever you want to be.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You can get a job if you are confident in the job that you are appying for. If you go into an interview knowing everything about the field, company, etc, I think you have a much better chance coming out with a job. It also depends on the field you are trying to get into. If it's medical, there are plenty of jobs out there. Education? Once again plenty of jobs!

You just have to stay positive. Wal-Mart isn't such a bad job if you can work your way up! By the time you graduate if you're in a higher management type of job at Wal-Mart your experience will help you with different types of jobs you're interested in.
    Anonymous

• worry about today first...Walmart isnt as bad as you say,theres plenty of people that would work there in a heart beat ,see things for what they are ...you are lucky to have a job right now Bee happy.
    Anonymous

• Try your best and don't let the depressing people get to you. You should try to be positive.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Oh, by the way I am a really old adult and I say , forget those depressing people!!! Good luck!
    Lindalu2

• I bet where and when you least expect it. Life can change! Try to rethink this! What fields do you enjoy? What fields will always be hiring? Now mind you I get you. My DH, myself, DD & son in law are all jobless. We're speaking of ages from 26-51. Trade skills, college educated Etc.. My youngest married DD has 3 young ones. And gets like 10 hours of work a week at Walmart! But they treat their employees horribly! I've heard it from many at ours! Ages from 18-64. All mistreated! Now that's Sad. These are good, honest, caring, kind people. But not appreciated. So I prefer to not shop there! But if you have income and are working! You never know whom you may impress that might offer you better employment! Now mind you I'm sad and depressed and going through some major turmoil in my life! But I bet you have a bright future! Be honest, proud work hard and it will come! All good things come to those that help themselves! Good Luck
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• It's hard for a lot of people right now. You just have to do what you can with what you have and work toward better things. Maybe you will have to work at WalMart for a while, but it's still a job. In the mean time you can work, save money, go to school, and when the economy is on the come up again, you'll be ready.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2010