How soon after a dog has puppies can she get pregnant again?

The puppies are about 10 weeks old now and the father dog is getting fixed next week. Well he is starting to hump the mother dog. I can't seperate them because they will bark like crazy and scratch the doors

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 1:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Pets

• a few weeks...just like ppl
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I would suggest taking the female to be spayed before getting the male done at this point. Otherwise, you will have another "oops" litter on your hands.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I agree with Kyliesmom...and if she gets pregnant again this soon, it could be very very bad for her health. I'd get the female fixed first.
    Anonymous

• my dog had puppies at the end of August 09 and she just had her puppies this time on March 4 so she can get preg and after getting him fix he can still get her preg up to two weeks after hes fix i just got mine fix Feb 5
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I thought you sold all the puppies. At least that is what you were bragging about in another post.

I seriously think you need to give your dogs to people that can not only care for them properly, but won't use them to line their wallets. Your ignorance is classic, your stupidity utterly amazing.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Wow, stacynoel, you're really pressing some buttons. I know you probably meant that the puppies you sold are 10wks old now, but LAST week, you said daddy was getting fixed "next" wk, and that would be THIS week... confused...

Usually anywhere between 4-6 mos. Dogs cycle every 6-8 months, and since your female is 10wks with the puppies, plus 2 mos before then to get pregnant, you're looking at right around 4 month mark, so in the next 5-10 weeks I would assume she would cycle again. You should get HER fixed first, worry about HIM later. Even if HE'S fixed, HE can still "hook up" with her if she cycles, which is utterly painful for your female because it takes longer for a fixed male to release her because he tries and tries to inseminate, and his body does not produce anymore, so instead of a few short minutes, it could be long, agonizing hours. Take her first. PLEASE.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• She can get pregnant, again, the next time she goes into heat. Why don't you take that money, you made selling those puppies and get them both done at the same time. Problem solved!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Acid,,,,,,,,,,I did sell all my puppies, this question has nothing to do with the puppies. The puppies are over 10 weeks old, they have been with their new family for almost 2 weeks.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 4:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Why not just get her FIXED, then you won't have to worry about it! Why are you ALLOWING the male dog to hump her?? I really think that you are either a troll or you WANT to turn your dog into a money machine and you are just rubbing it in everyone's face!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2010