I want a relationship with my mother but she makes it impossible!

I tried to sit down and talk to her last night about things that bother me (like how she chooses her fiance over me and my son) and it was like talking to a brick wall. I told her that all I am asking is that she come to my son's birthday party, one day a year, but she blows him off. He is 7yrs old and she doesn't care about him or care to see him, or care to see me. I see her about 5 times a year, and that is if I initiate contact with her. She says I am an adult and shouldn't need her like I do. All I want is to have a mother I can talk to. I never ask for money or anything material, just her time, but she has chosen her boyfriend over me and my brothers since I was 14 yrs old, and it hurts. I was calm when talking to her and she cut me off every chance she had....this hurts and I don't know what to do. Anyone else have a mom like this?

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Its time for YOU to cut her out of your life. Look around you and count your blessings. She doesn't deserve your time of day. I cant stand "mothers" like that. But you know what, everything she did will come back to haunt her one day and you will find her at your door apologizing for everything she did to you. But for now, live your life and be happy.
    Anonymous

• Some mothers think like turtles, they laid the eggs and did their job. Your mom obviously isn't the bonding type. Her mother probably wasn't either so she knows no other way. Two of my children would love to have your mom. They think now that they are grown, mom should be left out of their life. It's sad but that's why CM is so great. We can come here and get what we need that our family doesn't provide. Replace mom with others. It's too bad you have to do that but I fill up my time I'd like to be with my adult children with CM moms who actually like me!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2010