NEED HELP MAKING A B DAY CAKE FOR MY NIECE

I am attempting to make my nieces b day cake ! The cake that was in New Moon Bella's cake and I found lots of places that tell you how to do it, but
I have never used fondant before, all it say is you need to color the fondant and then cut it in strips, it that stuff hard to use!!! I tried to find a bakery that makes New Moon b day cakes but no luck anywhere! So I am thinking I will try and pull this one off!! Her special day is next weekend when the movies comes out so !! How cool would that be!!

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Fondant is a pain in the ass. If you are trying to make home made fondant just save some time and by the premade fondant. You can get it anywhere that sells Wiltons supplies. Like A.C Moore, Micheals, or wal mart. Anyways cake sounds awesome. Good luck.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• OMG I didn't even know they made premade!! YOU ROCK!!! TY
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Premade fondant tastes absolutely disgusting. Make marshmallow fondant - very cheap, very tasty, and much easier to color IMO. It's not that hard to do.
    Anonymous

• Buy the premade wilton stuff. It doesnt taste good but it's easier to use than making your own if your not use to it. It's not hard to color or to cut. I cut it with a pizza cutter. Use wilton colors to dye it.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2010