Please share your salmon/healthy recipe with me PLEASE! :)

Yesterday I asked about cabbage recipes and today its all about salmon. :) I recently quit smoking and have become more active and am also in the process of getting my family on a healthier diet. We all love fresh produce and natural foods but I am struggling with coming up with meal ideas as well as snack ideas. We usually eat alot of chicken and hamburger meat but I would like to cutt out the hamburger meat and try to make more fish but have no idea about all the diff. types of fish and how to cook them. Any and all ideas and recipes are welcomed! Thanks!

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 2:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Only eat wild-caught salmon; it is full of healthy fats. Farm-raised salmon is just full of fat (and pesticides and other nasty things.

I have a ton of healthy, family and budget friendly recipes; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• If you like SALMON, you will love these SALMON TACOS ! They are so GOOD!

Buy salmon (we just bought frozen and it worked fine for this) Marinate your salmon in fresh Lemon juice, Lemon pepper and salt pepper etc. - Marinate for at least a couple hours. Bake Salmon until the meat flakes . Let cool and shred.

Most measurements done to taste - In a sauce pan saute chopped onions, minced garlic and olive oil until onions are transparent. Add one pint of whipping cream. Keep on Medium/High heat and stir for around 8-10 minutes. Add a few pinches of salt and a couple pinches of sugar. Pepper too. Take off heat . Add 1 TBLS of Lemon Juice and 1 TBLS of Lime Juice and as much cilantro as you like. Let cool.

Cont..............
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Serve with shredded red and/orcabbage ( I do both because it's pretty) , cilantro and limes.
    I use corn tortillas but you can try whatever you like. Also if it's just me and hubby eating this, I use two fillets, but this is a great group meal.

We made them for a group of 50 recently We used 3 bags of salmon from Costco. It's not cheap, but that was our main expense. (less than $60) I think I did 3 batches of sauce. All the sides are fairly cheap.

I also discovered that the sauce seems better if you make it a day ahead. It's gets thick after being in the fridge. I liked it cold, but you could reheat it some if you wished. Serve the sauce along with all the other sides. I like ALOT on the taco ,but hubby likes very little.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Turkey Burger is a great substitute in most recipes calling for hamburger since you're wanting to cut that out. I have almost fully switched over to using that in most of my recipes.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• * supposed to be red and or GREEN cabbage up there in the taco recipe.........oops!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2010