For the ladies who support abortion. If you KNEW it was twins, would that affect your choice at all?

What I mean is, would you be more likely or less likely to go through with it.

Would it make no difference at all?

I just think twins are so exciting and a once in a lifetime opportunity that you might not get again.

Just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• why should it make a difference if there were one or two? one is just as special as two. I think that's sad that one just wouldn't be enough for someone to not have an abortion.
    Anonymous

• I dont think two is more special necessarily.

AND I HATE ABORTION....but I just wondered. I think its sad no matter what the situation.
    Anonymous

• an unwanted pregnancy is an unwanted pregnancy is an unwanted pregnancy
    Anonymous

• Man I think this IS an interesting question. I wonder if you add more possible lives to the line if it makes a woman think I little bit more. Give more pause. I understand an unwanted pregnancy is what it is....and heck twins may be an even more overwhelming prospect. I guess this could really tip the scale either way :(

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• nope, and i respect those who make that choice - despite popular thinking most women who chose abortion don't do so lightly. I include myself in that group. I leave the judgement of my fellow sisters to a higher power. I do not wish to walk in the shoes of those who find themselves in the middle of such a difficult decision. I walk in my shoes and mine alone and answer for my decisions and mine alone.
    Anonymous

• 2 u it may be a once in a lifetime chance but the probability is based on u and ur hubbys family history of having twins, 4 example my coworker was pregnant w/ twins twice she lost the babies both times so she stopped trying.
    As 4 abortion if it were twins or not I don't think it would really matter if 1 has set there mind on getting the abortion done. And u'd also have 2 consider how the babies were conceived, the 1 brought most is rape, the other is she a minor, r her parents forcing her 2 abort?
    I don't like abortion but idk the persons situation, so although us who don't know the situation might think its horrible, abortion may in fact be the better choice.
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• No - if I were not ready to be a parent and needed to make that choice - one or three embryos wouldn't change the decision...beside the fact that I'd personally make that choice way before they could tell...
    Anonymous

• ^ I know that's right ANON 3:59.
    Anonymous

• I would still abort.
    Truth be told, if I were to some how miraculously become pregnant tomorrow I would abort. Regardless if it was 1 fetus or 2.. I would be on my way to a clinic as soon as possible.
    Anonymous

• I am not for abortion..but I do not think this matters to any who want to abort their babies.Maybe some would have a bit of pause which would be those not exactly sure on aborting.I think what could make a bigger impact would be better technology with sonograms.PP has carried for years that it 'isnt really a baby.'

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2010