pain/cramps after doing pilates?

for the last few days I've been doing a few beginner pilate moves to help build my core and to "retrain" my muscles (I had a c section in '08 and i'm a bit weak in that area still). well so far i have remained dedicated to my routine. The routine is about 10 minutes long and nothing too extreme, just a few crunch moves all in lay down position. Right now I am feeling crampy in the ab area....is it possible I overworked those muscles or is this what they mean by "feel the burn"?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Health

• There's a difference between a sore muscle and injuring a muscle. The "worked" muscle is when you move and and stretch it you can feel a "burn" evenly through out the muscle. An injured muscle can have many different feelings: stabbing, achy, pinching, or tearing. The pain usually happens immediately, and when its a sore muscle it happens usually 24 hours after working out.

Just make sure you're doing your stretches after you warm your body up, and you do a cool down. Good Luck!
    Rachel315

Answer by Rachel315 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2010