Why is it that men always defend their mother's even with the most insane things?

My MIL treats my daughter differnet then my son. She will shower 100's of dollars on gifts for my daughter for her birthday & then give my son one small dollar book on his birthday. My husband actually thinks this is ok & it will teach my son life is unfair. I can't beleive he defends her on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow, that's crazy! Not all men are like that. Maybe he'll come around and see that he is wrong, and so is MIL.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• WTH? Not a good thing. SHe sounds like the mil from hell.....You guys need to talk like yesterday........
    Anonymous

• Why does he think your son needs to know life is unfair now? Isn't he too young for that? Can't he enjoy his childhood? What the hell is wrong with your hubby? Oh, he's his mothers son, that's it. Sorry, couldn't help that.
    My husband doesn't take his mom's side like that, first, we don't have issues like that. We are lucky. Second, he doesn't sleep with his mother, he sleeps with me. And if he wants that to continue, he will have my back. :) But in all honesty, spoiling a daughter, and being very unfair to a son, and thinking that's ok because it's teaching him life isn't fair, there are some mental problems there. That breeds insecurity problems for your son, and you need to shed some light on that your husband. His son needs to be more important then his mom.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Sounds like she wanted a girl and now she's transferring that over to your daughter.
    Anonymous

• Tell her to be fair or stop giving stuff to the dd.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• That's fkd up seven ways till Sunday~! Have a talk with your MIL...life should NOT be unfair to a child, children need a strong loving base to start from, if they don't have that then when they grow up and find out life really IS unfair they will be too unstable to bounce back from it. Wow..this post makes me wanna reach through the computer find your son and give him a million hugs! Poor thing..make it right Mama! Sounds like you are his ONLY ally!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 6:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2010