Uterus not contracting...still bleeding 2 weeks after c-section! D&C possibly going to be done..UGH HELP?!

So I'm almost two weeks after delivery here. Three days after I got discharged and day four I started bleeding REALLY bad and passing palm sized clots (or something)...called obgyn she said go to the ER right away. ER did a pelvic exam to see how much I was bleeding, did an ultrasound to see if they could see anything (they see two blobs that shouldnt have been there next to my cervix) and they did a blood count and another test to make sure the blobs werent left over placenta or anything which ALL tests came back fine they said. They prescribed a drug to help my uterus contract back well the stupid pharmacy didnt order it AFTER they said they did so now I have to wait till monday coming when I've already been bleeding since what a week ago?! Has anyone had this happen with their uterus? My obgyn said if the pill doesnt help they would have to do a dnc? I'm so exhausted from all of this "lets wait and see" and people not helpn

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The obgyn mentioned she would have to a d&c if there were still clots..what can I expect for this? I also remembered last night that when I was in the hospital after having my baby the nurses checked my pad and there was clots in it.....shouldnt that have been a red flag that something was wrong......?
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I experienced something similar but it was after having a D&C (to treat a missed miscarriage.) Less than a week after my D&C I was rushed to the ER passing huge clots like you said and they gave me those same pills (to contract my uterus) and did an ultrasound. They said they may have to do a second D&C but gave me a few days to see if the pills would help and luckily they did.
    Maybe you can contact the ER or your OB and let them know you were unable to get your pills, they may be able to help you since it could be unsafe to go without til monday, I'm not sure there. The biggest issue in your situation is that having tissue left in the uterus could easily cause an infection and turn serious so make sure to listen to your body and if you get a fever go to the hospital right away. My D&C was not bad at all, I chose to be put under and it took less than 30 minutes and there was hardly any pain afterwards.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2010