Unexplained multiple miscarriages....

Have you or anyone you know had 2 or more consecutive miscarriages for unknown reasons and without any interevention went on to carry a baby to term?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yep. I'm proof. My mother had several miscarriages in between me and my brother. Though we are talking about the 70's and she was a hippy. lol. Maybe not so unexplained. But yes it has happened.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• i had 2..then had my son.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I'm sure it happens. But usually a specialist can correctly identify the problem and in many cases, fix it. I would certainly turn to a specialiast if you haven't already.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Yes, I had a daughter, lost 2, had another daughter, lost 3 including a set of twins. I had my 1st child at 20 and miscarried the twins at 36. I have been married more than once so the problem is me. The doctors have found nothing wrong with me at all. My sister had a stillborn and then a healthy child. They autopsied my niece and could find nothing wrong with her or my sister. I guess it is some sort of genetic weakness.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• i only had one but my mother had several b4 she was finally able to have me...she was in her 40s
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• have you seen your ob to check hormones and other levels
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 6:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Yea. My husbands Aunt had several miscarriages. She finally carried a baby to term, but she had severe birth defects and ended up dieing. Turns out there is a genetic disorder in his family that affects females. Wich explains why most of his aunts had multiple miscarriages and why there are very few females in his family. 5 years later his aunt got pregnant and had a healthy baby boy.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2010