At what age can I take my new baby outside for a walk?

I was wondering at which age is it ok to bundle baby up and go out for a walk? Where I live the weather has been pretty nice between 40-50 during the day. It would be a short walk maybe 15 - 20 minutes but just dont know when its ok. any answers??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• whenever you want. if you think your baby will be fine...do it. I took my son out when he was real little. as long as you bundle up good you're fine
    Anonymous

• You can take the baby out after the first week of life as long as he/she is kept warm.
    Anonymous

• As long as you dress the baby appropriately for the weather you can take them outside whenever you're feeling ready.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• sunlight is great for babies. just always make sure they are dressed appropriate... Going walking & such is fine.. But I did weird about about taking dd into public until she was a little older (cant remember how long we waited. atleaste 1mo-2mo)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I've been going on 2-mile walks with my daughter since she was 2 months old. Go for it!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• OP here, baby is only 2 days old right now so I was planning on waiting till he is a week old or so before going out but I just am really looking forward to getting back to my walking. I doubt he will be in public for at least a good month, I don't want a sick baby. thnks for the answers!
    Anonymous

• You can take the baby at any age. Dress the baby appropriately...but don't overdress! If you wear your baby in a wrap or sling and keep close to your body your body heat will keep them at the perfect temperature. http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1582037/Babywearing_Traditional_Styles

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• ur fine just keep them warm
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 2:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2010