How many mommas are planning a natural birth like me?

Have you had a natural birth before or is this your first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh boy. I could never imagine that. I have two babies....and they were both born vaginally WITH medication including an epideral...and the pain was HORRIBLE...I could never even THINK about doing it without any medication. That's just insane in my eyes. Its crazy lol. I wish you the best...good luck with that...hope you're ready for lots and lots of pain. I've got a lot of respect for you just because I know how much it hurts WITH medication.
    Anonymous

• natural as in viginal or with no meds(no epidural or demoral) tells us how it goes after you feel contractions.best of luck mommy.
    Anonymous

• Join the group Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth. ...you'll love it. i know i do.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Are you gonna do yours at home or in a hospital? Have you talked to the OB "if" you are having one and finding out about ways around a IV and fetal monitoring? This is something to think about... Do you want a natural birth or do you just want a non medicated vaginal delivery? The two are very different and the natural route can be hard to get in the hospital...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• i will definately!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I'm planning a natural home birth :) My daughter wasn't born naturally. She was born vaginally without pain meds, but I was on a LOT of pitocin for the birth, so it doesn't count lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I'm planning my fifth homebirth - so yeah, vaginal with no pain meds. :-) Birth is an amazing experience! Congrats and good luck, mama!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Op here.

This will be my 2nd natural birth in hospital. for the first anon my 1st natural birth wasn't painful like you described... in fact the whole experience was very relaxing!

midnightmomma everyone has a different definition of natural. I don't think letting my OB check me makes my birth not natural. Or having an IV (I have GBS so I'm going to get antibiotics during my labor).
    Anonymous

• I had 2 natural waterbirths~ they were wonderful!
    I encourage moms to investigate about coping options. Discovering that you can have a safer and comfy birth is great!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• This will be my fourth natural birth.
    Anonymous