Did anyone watch Dateline about children having schizophrenia....a health care question also.

The program highlighted 3 individual family's. One family's insurance was "used up" but the child still needed help. Her sister also needed treatment. Another couple was nearly bankrupt. Of course there are certain circumstances but......

Do you think it is right that family's in America could possibly go bankrupt or rejected from insurance for getting your child medical treatment he or she needs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw that show and it broke my heart to see these young girls, already trying to kill, and the poor parents going through hell just to get some sort of help for them, that Insur. sould pay for. I feel if it can be stopped now while their young. with meds, or putting away for a while to get help, can you imagine when they get to their teens /adult years. what they would be by then? Its scary watching them. anbd I can't understand why the insur. wouldn't help them (NOW).. when they needed it.
    Anonymous

• I think it's BS. I only had 20 visits allowed with my insurance for my therapist. People truly need help and there shold not be a limit.
    Anonymous

• Happens everyday. The #1 reason for bankruptcy is medical illness (65% I believe). I think it's wrong-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I don't think anyone should be denied healthcare for any reason... Without good health we have no quality of life. If not for everyone at least for children.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• i've been rejected from insurence companies many times from having a pre existing medical condition ...i've had to apply for pharmacy assistance thru certain drug companies and luckily was able to get my medication. When my dh put me on his insurence i lied about the pre existing condition because i knew the would reject me.
    Anonymous

• That is so depressing. Yes, that is why the USA needs to pass a Health Care bill as soon as possible.
    Anonymous

• mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• They only hear what Maddow and Olberman tell them to hear. Forgive their ignorance.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Super majority, can't get it passed, and it's the Republicans fault. Yeah, someone needs to go back to school and learn about what majority means.

After that, reading the actually news might help. The fact that Democrats need to be coerced and bribed to vote for this fiasco says quite a lot about the bill itself. 

MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 7:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• mancos and the DNC e-mails.I get them and thats what they say the republicans are why ..the party of no..the obstructionists lol.I laugh through the reading.Just like I laughed at the bs of some democrats saying pubs have no solutions and yet they have had solutions ..only to be ignored.The democrats on that hill are going to pay for all this bs...wait and see lol.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2010