I'm such a b*tch~!

I have a new boyfriend, he's the BEST~! We get along like two peas in a pod, have the same idiosyncrasies...neurotic issues.. lol, we laugh ALL THE TIME, he's awesome! But today...he took me for lunch at my suggestion, up till now he's been paying, just for drinks...ok I have an eating disorder and don't much like to eat so he's offered to buy me dinner but I always decline..ANYWAY today we went to lunch...when the check came I grabbed some cash and threw it his way and EXPECTED HIM TO TELL ME TO PUT MY MONEY AWAY!! He has said all kinds of things about wanting to take care of me..not that I expect that but ok, maybe I'm old fashioned or spoiled but I expected him to pay and am bummed he didn't, does that make me a bitch??? I'm so dissapointed, not just in the chivalrous aspect, but also because I don't have much money and he does, so if we go out again, it's not like I can afford it! I'm used to the guy paying!!! I suck!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• its not called old fashined.. its called "gentlemen" and i married one and im so happy i did.
    Anonymous

• I believe that if you are dating someone and they ask you out for dinner they pay. If you suggest that yall should go out, it would only make sense if you paid your half and he paid his. In my mind he should have paid half.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Sounds like game playing to me. If you expect him to pay let him know. If he has a problem with it he can tell you up front. When you threw the money on the table you took a chance and lost. Its not called being a Bitch its childish.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 6:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You cannot expect him to pay EVERY time, and I fail to see what your eating disorder really has to do with anything.
    Anonymous

• OP here ...oh I didn't clarify I handed him a $20, mine came to $10, so he gave me a $10 back and paid the tip...grrr...thanks anon...that's how I feel! I totally expected him to be a gentleman about it! Even my male platonic friends refuse to let me pay! I'm 46, if that is any indication of why I feel so old fashioned...that and well, I'm just used to being spoiled I guess!!!
    Anonymous

• OP here..I mentioned the eating disorder because he's taken me out for dinner twice and I've not eaten, I guess my point was he hasn't hardly spent anything on me so I thought he could pay for lunch! We went shopping afterwards and he bought himself some new jeans...plunked down $100 bucks for those but he couldn't shell out $10 for my lunch! HMMPHHH!
    Anonymous

• It sounds like the honeymoon is over
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 6:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• OP here..lol staceynoel! Yeah EXACTLY!! Maybe I should trade him in for another model~!
    Anonymous

• then why would you throw down the money? Your words say one thing and your actions say another. make up your mind. Mixed messages are confusing. maybe he thought he was insulting you by not letting you pay. YOU did that, not him
    Anonymous

• Honey, you need to grow up.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2010