My nine year old daughter is having problems finding friends at her new school...

we just move into this neighborhood in April...the mothers are rude and I dont understand why,,,we are the quietest in the neighborhood and we dont throw partys and we ve tried talkin to the neighbors and my daughters tried to play with the kids but they are just as mean as the mother

IHAVE6

Asked by IHAVE6 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Bake cookies and treats and send your daughter extra to share with her classmates. Maybe she will be the one to teach them to be civil and socially successful. Above all teach here she is good enough for herself and need not change to be another carbon copy of the others. She is an original.
    suzannev

Answer by suzannev at 1:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• well i woldnt want my dd playing with a bratty kid anyway LOL the YMCA has a lot of great programs for kids and they arent that expensive and if your income is really low they even have help with both memberships and youth programs. Both my little ones play soccer among other things. That might be worth looking into.
    wubbunny420

Answer by wubbunny420 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• I don't know what town you live in... but, you might check around about things like girl scouts or dance classes... whatever DD is interested in... social activities always lead to friends. Plus, it will help her to have something positive to do in her spare time.
    Nicolert

Answer by Nicolert at 10:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2008