40,000 member "Coffee Party" draws 30 people to it's kick off rally!

Sooooo...the T.E.A. Parties have a little "competition" brewing (pun intended!) with the new "Coffee Party!"

Even with the New York Times (and other leftist media outlets) promoting them, they still failed to draw more than 30 people willing to actually show up to spread their message--which coincidentally is the same message as the T.E.A. Parties! LOL

"Fed up with government gridlock, but put off by the flavor of the Tea Party, people in cities across the country are offering an alternative: the Coffee Party."

“This is about recognizing that the government represents us,” Ms. Cabiling said, “so we need to step to the plate and start having a voice and start acting like bosses.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/02/us/politics/02coffee.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

What do you think about this new "movement?"

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 6:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• When you said the New York Times supported it said enough for me, progressive coffee party.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I think it's great. The tea party is full of a bunch of nutters that I wouldn't be caught dead associating with even though I share some of their same ideals. I hadn't known about this before but will look in to it now.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and the Coffee Party was established about a month ago, by Annabel Park....not surprising is that she campaigned for Obama!

Park campaigned for Obama in 2008 and was one of the organizers of the United for Obama YouTube video channel making over 20 videos.

“I found that people have little understanding of the change that Senator Barack Obama is advocating. I thought from my experience in using videos for civil movements that videos would be the best way to promote the need for change and for Obama. That’s why I decided to work for the Obama campaign,” Annabel Park said

Park is ALSO a former Strategy Analyst at the NY Times explains why she has received a great deal of mainstream media coverage recently.

Anyone else "surprised?!" LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

***
    IF you join the Coffee Party, will you go to a rally in disguise or will you proudly show who you are....ANON?!? LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Don't be a jacka** you should be happy someone answered your question in the first place. But to answer your second question NO, I would not got to any sort of rally or protest. My job prohibits it.

And FYI, this is the internet, you're just as anonymous as anyone else.
    Anonymous

• But to answer your second question NO, I would not got to any sort of rally or protest. My job prohibits it.

***

Even on your OWN time?!  Yeeeeah. Okay!

wink

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Honestly - I think it's silly and ruining their chances of getting their issues solved. It's diluting the movement. What they need to do instead is find a way to solidify all these smaller movements into one large one; so that the gov't has no choice but to listen to them; if that's what their end goal is anyway...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Yes actually. I could lose my job and benefits. Not something I'm willing to risk. Don't believe me if you want to, but I have no reason to lie about it.
    Anonymous

• The tea party is full of a bunch of nutters that I wouldn't be caught dead associating with even though I share some of their same ideals.

Sounds like you are a nutter too, since you share the same ideals and all.  Good work insulting a large group of hard-working people whom you don't even know, BTW. 

Anonymous

• This is hilarious:

"they still failed to draw more than 30 people willing to actually show up"

Anonymous