What is a good movie to watch and laugh or cry to while you are pregnant and emotional?

I want to raid Netflix for a day of movie therapy

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 9:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• To cry--an old one "Imitation of Life" I just see the opening credits and I am in tears.
    To cry and laugh --"Rent" I am into that movie--dvd--cd
    To laugh--"Fargo"
    To smile--new one "Mama Mia" I was surprised with the songs I knew.
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• Moulin Rouge? I couldn't even finish that movie it was so weird...and I usually like musicals! I liked Nine Months, Fools Rush In, Knocked Up, Juno, Father of the Bride 2, Waitress, A Walk in the Clouds, The Notebook, World Trade Center, Carousel, and yes I own Ladder 49! I love it I cry every time pregnant or not. Then again, I am a huge Joaquin Phoenix fan. My absolute favorite is The Story of Us. I own that too and also I cry every time...that's when I cry the most, is watching emotion-filled movies like that. I don't cry that much otherwise.
    indexmom

Answer by indexmom at 12:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• 9 months, Father of the Bride one & two and Shes having a baby
    Mrs8624

Answer by Mrs8624 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• BROKEDOWN PALACE.........Claire Danes & Kate Winslet
    mstropics

Answer by mstropics at 1:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• I love the movie "life as a house" its a bit older but soooooo good!!!! I own it and watch it when I want to cry! And I saw the movie bridge to teribithia thinking it was a fun kids movie and I bawled!!!
    collegemama

Answer by collegemama at 1:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
    oxbroken

Answer by oxbroken at 1:19 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• I watched Snow White in the local theatre in the mountains of Cayey, Puerto Rico in 1977. It played for four months and I used to go three times a week and watch the whole thing, laugh, cry, and sing at the top of my voice in the empty ,dark, airconditioned, theater. "Hi ho!!!, Hi ho!!!!!" Ricky loved it too and he loved for me to sing the songs to him after he was born.
    suzannev

Answer by suzannev at 1:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• Oh and Deffinately, Maybe. (I think it's called that).
    oxbroken

Answer by oxbroken at 1:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• Steel Magnolias, Little Miss Sunshine, Rain Man, The Notebook, When Harry Met Sally, Wedding Singer, and Under the Tuscan Sun. All really great movies and the only ones I could think of at this moment!
    MomW773

Answer by MomW773 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2008

• Oh, I forgot one...Nine Months is very cute, too.
    MomW773

Answer by MomW773 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 20, 2008