"Morning sickness" cures...

Is there anything that actually works in making morning sickness go away? i dont really have it in the morning persay .. i usually get it around night time..and its just neausea.. but i have a HUGE fear of vomting. is there anything that actually works??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A midwife I knew swore by Honey Nut Cheerios, dry, just eat them out of the box. It worked for me and it worked for a few other people I told. I also craved milk and I would drink a glass, esp when it hit at work. I never heard of anyone else who said milk helped them. I think it's very individual.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Milk, or any dairy product, generally works somewhat for me. As a base, it counteracts any acid in your tummy so it "calms" things down. Try not to get too hungry. Saltine crackers and apple juice have always been lifesavers for me.

Answer by missanc at 7:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• i had 24/7 extreme nausea for 4 months straight. i couldn't eat anything and was throwing up constantly...my doc said she wasn't concerned and that happens to some women. she prescribed this suppository(gross) that allowed me to keep down a small meal a day. the medicine put me to sleep though and burned really badly(i had to take it every 5 hours....i hope i never get that kind of nausea again with future pregnancies...but anyway there is no cure for morning sickness :(
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You can take vitamin B6 (available OTC at any pharmacy store), or buy a pair of "Sea Bands" they're narrow terry cloth wrist bands that have a small metal disc that is placed over your wrist pulse points and it stops nausea (or motion sickness like sea sickness), they're also available at pharmacy stores.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Ginger tea.
    Anonymous

• A piece of chocolate, peppermint candy, crackers, or toasted bread and if none of that helps tell your dr. he or she can tell you what medication to take my dr. told me to buy the over the counter medication for travel sickness and it worked...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 9:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2010