Why do I have such a ******** for a sister?

Now she;s started a rumor that my husband beats me up! WTF! What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• have a family meeting and infront of everyone say "who in this room has seen my husband show signs of abuse,or ever seen me hurt in anyway?" then say "who here knows my sister loves to make up stories about my family?" the end,problem fixed,im sure none are gonna be saying they didnt know she makes up stuff.
    Anonymous

• I'd laugh at her and laugh at whoever believes her

Answer by admckenzie at 7:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Ignore it and let her look like the fool she is. Holding a family meeting or making a production about it will only make things worse and possibly make you look guilty.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I would limit or stop contact w/ her. Ignore the rumor, anyone who knows you knows it's not true. But by limiting contact you aren't giving her more material to work with. (although she may do well w/o it). I have a wack job for a sister and by limiting contact w/ her to family functions because it makes my mom happy, we have both survived.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• just don't speak to her pretty soon I'm sure she'll feel like a fool and try comin' around and apologizen' if that happened I'd let her knock and knock ignoring her she'll soon get the hint.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• funny thing..not funny. i have a sister that is 17 years older than me. i grew up with her living at home. she's 39 now and she still lives at home, is lazy when it comes to work, has no diploma and tries to start conflict within the family. she went so far as to do the same thing to me and she accually went so far as to make false accusations to cps saying things about my s/o after she found the perfect timeing cause the cops go t called to our house for "domestic disturbance" which was accually me trying to pull his drunk butt inside after he got home from a night of celebrating a raise with his buddy and was wasted. the cops didn't charge him with anything. me and my sister got into an argument around chrismas and she left my house two days after and a report was made the day she left. She went as far as telling cps that we had drugs in the trunk of our broken down car!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• i try not to be around her as much as possible now! i cant stand her. i dont know why some people just get bad sisters, but i got one who really caused me a lot of trouble.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Mar. 14, 2010