Bath time?

So we have a garden tub connected to the master bedroom. In the evenings my husband watched TV non stop. I tell him it is an addiction. Just like me with my laptop. LOL!! Anyway. My kids love bath time in the evenings. They are 9 and 7. We have two other bathrooms where they can take baths. However they enjoy the garden tub because it is big and has jets. They like taking their bath toys in there. Plus I can do stuff in the bedroom while keeping an eye on them. I see no harm in it. Today my husband asks me how much longer I am going to allow them to use OUR bathroom. I ask "is there a problem?" He says that they are too old to be still using our bath room. They don't take baths together or anything. One at a time. He just stated it was OUR bathroom and does not see why they always have to use it. He is always asleep on the couch or watching TV. Why does he care? I always clean it up. He seems upset. Am I wrong?

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 7:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• No I dont think its a big deal. We have two bathrooms, that are almost identical. My kids mainly use the downstairs bathroom but my son often gets up in the middle of the night to pee in our bathroom (since his room is upstairs) ...its annoying that he busts in and turns the light on but Im not going to tell him he cant....
    I dont see the big deal, at least they like bath time in that tub....better than resisting bath time and having stinky kids!
    K-e-r-i

Answer by K-e-r-i at 8:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• i dont see why them taking a bath in your bathroom would be a problem other than if he needed to use the bathroom but as you stated there are 2 other bathrooms.
    Anonymous

• Do you have sex in that tub? Maybe he's creeped out by having them where you make love
    Anonymous

• Tell Dad to grow up.
    Anonymous

• I agree with dad, that would irk me too.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Yeah it might be a personal thing. If you 2 have sex in there, it might seem like an invasion of privacy to him. It might seem like the kids kind of have run of the house with their belongings here and there, and your bedroom/bathroom is the only place that's "yours."
    Sorry, I have to agree with your husband on this one!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• No...we have never had sex in the bathtub!!! I wish....He can't even stay awake through a NFL game or a party. Are you kidding me? I see everyones point of view. I just wanted to know if I was making a big mistake. I honestly don't think it s a big deal since he hardly ever interacts with anyone in the evening. He is doing his own thing. They are in bed by 8 or 9. I think as long as they are clean kids there is nothing wrong.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 11:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I think your husband is being a bonehead. There is no problem with what tub they use. Tell him to grow up
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2010