i dont have many authentic friends, i feel very alone. my SO doesnt understand that i need a social life too..ugg

No one goes out of there way to see me or even really attempts it seems. The excuses are, I live far or I can't because I'm busy. They live just as far as I do (30 to 1 hr depending on who) and they have no problem telling me to come down there. I pay the nanny 12 per hour so its not cheap for me to go to ppl but I do sometimes anyway just to socialize. But they can never make it to me.everyone is too busy. I feel like I have to fit in their circle in order to hang out, which is either, be slutty, drink a lot or not have the money I do. I'm the odd one out. The friends that have different financial status from me start to compare the "nice" things I have to their stuff and I hate it. Who cares what each of us have, just have fun. I'm depressed...my SO tries to understand but he can't. Although my family life is great it doesn't mean I don't miss a social life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow, you are a grown woman and mom now, get mature friends.
    Anonymous

• Mom's don't have a life, but a life to their families.
    Pfft. I'm 20 yrs old with two kids...and I don't have a social life.
    Anonymous

• I refuse to lower my standards by acting like a slut or something or always drive to my friends all the time. I want adult friends not ppl like this anymore. Its so upsetting.

OP here
    Anonymous

• so maybe next time they call and want you to come say your too busy :)
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Maybe you could try meetup.com. You create a profile, enter your interests and likes, and it gives you group options to join around your area. There are usually plenty of mom/family groups to join. The groups I have been in, we had playdates for the kids, but we also had mom nights out together too for some adult interaction as in going to dinner, movie, or just grabbing coffee. Good luck hon. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I have the same problem! None of my friends have kids, and I hate bars & drinking, so it's hard to get to hang out with them. We usually try to meet up for lunch...but it's becoming rarer and rarer. They are always posting on Facebook about their great night out with all their other friends...I never even get invited. I live about 30 mins away from everyone, so of course no one wants to make the effort to drive to my place. I try to invite people to do something...shopping, the zoo, lunch...and it always gets cancelled, or they just don't get back to me about it.
    Just to let you know you're not alone :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• wow you have a nanny?! Must be nice. I have no social life. I have 3 kids FT student and no time at all for me. I talk to 2 friends which I rarely see...yep motherhood is grand!
    Anonymous

• I am a f/t student as well. I have a nanny that takes care of her while I'm at school or if I want to go out or somethg. I just don't get what is up with people these days. I'm thinking of deleting myspace and changing my number and just starting all over again with friends. Only keep the very few that care.

Op here
    Anonymous