Breast pumps???

I'm thinking about breast feeding this time around but am also thinking about pumping at times to. Wondering what a good breast pump would be? I don't really know what to look for.

D.Tetz

Asked by D.Tetz at 8:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• don't for a cheap one like I did. I bought the evenflo double . breast pump that was 60 bucks. On the fourth day one of the pumps stop working a month later the other one did too. I have a medela double breast pump and I love it! I must admit they are pricey but well worth it. Oh, and don't forget milk storage bags.
    Anonymous

• ALWAYS go with an automatic on, NEVER a handpump. Unless ur on the go a lot the automatic ones (to me) were similar to a milking machine for a cow. it was easy and it helped when you needed to just sit back and let the thing do its job. IT pushed the milk out quicker and the settings that could be changed were nice, some days, you need more 'push' and osme you need 'gentle'. I got one that came in a bag too, best of luck!
    IndieJones

Answer by IndieJones at 9:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• It depends. YOu don't need a heavy duty pump unless you are pumping for full time work. Some women can do fine without any pumps and do just hand expression.      Go here to see which is right for you:  http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/bf-links-pumps.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• It depends on how often you'll need it. I am a sahm and only need to pump 1-3 bottles a week (about 8-10 oz total) so I have a manual Avent pump. I have no problems with this pump and it suits my infrequent needs.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• After looking into some breastpumps after reading your guys answers I'm pretty sure I'm going to invest in the medela. I'll be back to work fulltime shortly after the baby is born so I think this would work best for my needs. Thanks much :)
    D.Tetz

Answer by D.Tetz at 6:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010