Cell phone fell into cup of coffee! I took it out within seconds.......

It was'nt in the cup not even 5 secs. Took it apart carefully dried it off and all that. Put it back together, turned it on and now all it does is Vibrate. I even tried to call it from the house phone. I had a full battery when this happened, but it's only been about an hour and now no battery at all. I'm charging it now and it's still vibrating on going. Is there something i can do to dry it out or just get a new phone? Was'nt quite sure which category to put this in..........

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 9:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Entertainment

• Definatly the rice it works ecverytime
    ShireeCS

Answer by ShireeCS at 1:42 AM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Ok I'm in the SAME situation except mine fell in the toliet lol. One person told me to bundle it up and put it in the dryer, another said blow dry it, another said put it in dry rice and another said to just let it sit for a couple days. I have only been able to let it sit there because I just had surgery. Try those things and if it doesn't work, I guess you will just have to get a new phone=[ I hope I don't have too, this phone is like my second memory, it remembers everything I don't!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Oh and leave the battery out.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• blow dryer!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Put it in a big bag of rice!! Hubby dropped his into the sink and we did that!! It works! :-)
    ronica04

Answer by ronica04 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I took mine apart and set it in the sun (after I went swimming with) charged it up again and it worked!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• rice immediatly then do NOT touch it for at least 8 hours
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 9:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I washed DH's 3 different times, each time I went ahead and dried it in the dryer & it came out good as new. I htought it was kinda wierd, but whatever. I'm not complaining.
    kgsharber

Answer by kgsharber at 10:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2010