My 2 1/2 yr old daughter has had a spot the last couple weeks that looked like cradle cap so i didnt bother with it,* she has exzema really bad* all of a sudden the spot on her head is bleeding and pussing and swollen, i called the doctor, gave me a script pharmacy isn't open till 10 am tmrw any ideas????? what could it be??????

Im worried it's an infection, what do i do??

kenzsmama

Asked by kenzsmama at 10:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For now, until the pharmacy is open, I'd put some Bacitracin or Neosporin on it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• What is the script for and how could a Dr prescribe something for something they haven't seen? Go to the hospital or urgent care and get it seen and treated if you're that worried.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• cradle cap CAN do this....my daughter had it happen once...it turned out she had itched it and scratched herself and the cradle cap grew over the scratch...dont panic! just for now wait for the pharmacy to open and get the perscription. Also look into getting the special cradle cap shampoo and treatment...you can buy it usually in the baby section of MOST stores.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I don't understand. The doctor gave you a prescription, but didn't tell you what it is your daughter has?

Why don't you google the name of the drug your Dr. prescribed. That will give you an idea of what it is. If it's an antibiotic, there is a bacterial infection. If it's an anti fungal, it's a fungal infection.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 8:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• It could potentially be scalp ringworm too. (often mistaken for cradle cap and does have the potential to scab and get pusy and gross)
    Anonymous