Normal pain after hysteroscopy?

I had a hysteroscopy to remove my mirena which was embedded in my uterus and was making a hole out, 2 days ago. Yesterday was painful and I had very little bleeding but now I feel like I'm in labor and my bleeding is heavier. Not heavy like a period but it is bright red. Sorry for the TMI. I haven't had a period in over a year and don't know if this is normal after the surgery, not normal after the surgery or if it's my period. It's not a crampy feeling, when I was in labor with my DD I felt like my pelvis was crushing and that is how I feel now.
Has anybody had this?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Health

• You can PM me to b*tch about bad doctors screwing up your uterus any time. I've been through some hell with IUDs and uterine surgeries too.

You are probably having the demon period from hell because you are going through hormone withdrawal AND you just got filled with anesthesia plus the stress of surgery plus your ovaries have to work without interference again. It might take a few months for your cycle to get regular and reasonable.

If you are worried that you are losing a lot of blood, stay hydrated and call the doctor. The blood will be bright bc you have surgical spots that are involved as well as a period. Make sure you eat iron rich veggies to fight anemia and constipation.

You *could* be having mild contractions or muscle spasms in response to your body repairing the wound. Hormone withdrawal is different for everyone. If you feel like your surgical site is in danger of reopening, call the doc ASAP.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2010