newborn first 3 months

So I am alone and, my job does not have the paid time off for leave after the baby is born I though I had saved all the money i needed but found I got just to cover my bills for 2 months and then I am out of money i got like 37$ left anyways so I was gonna buy diapers and formula and get some food and stuff now, so that I wont not have it, I got wic so there is milk and bread and shit for my other kids and then I am gonna spent some money now getting extra food in the house, my question is this, how many diapers should I have and what size and stuff, and how much formula for 2 months? I got 175$ in gift cards. was gonna get diapers and formula and stuff for those. cause all i get for the 2 months is my childsupport check for 206$ a month so I want to stock up on everything. anyways how many diapers should I buy and how much formula, oh and im due in like a month

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't buy too many newborn sized diapers. They grow out of them very quickly. I'd stock up on the next size. Also breast feeding is a great way to save on formula costs... just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Anonymous

• Breastfeeding is the cheapest thing to do when it comes to feeding your baby plus you can get extra stuff from wic when breastfeeding but if you aren't going to do that wic will give you formula. Babies tend to grow out of newborn diapers quickly. The most I have been through was around 100. You can look online for coupons for formula and diapers.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• OP I wanted to breastfeed but with my last baby I knew i would have problems getting the milk in cause of my first child and they tried giving me all sort of medication, and NOTHING so im preparing for it. I know ill get some formula but not all. just trying to be prepared. that way any extra money I have is just that extra. but i have no clue what to do for diapers, maybe 2 or 3 packs of once and 2 or 3 2s..
    Anonymous

• ok, if u are on wic, u should be able to get formula from them as well, unless u are gonna be picky about the brand... u should look at buying diapers from a store like sam's (where u can buy in bulk) they have diapers sizes 1-2 which fit kids in 1's and 2's. its cheaper to buy in bulk. now the question is how much clothes do u have? have u looked into getting food stamps??? i mean if u are really that bad off, its worth looking into. that way u can use the money on clothes, gas, and other necessities like hygene stuff.
    i would look into contacting the corp. office for where u work. there should be some type of program to help u stay on ur feet if they do not have paid maternaty leave.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 10:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You should buy SIZE ONE DIAPERS...I RECOMMEND LUVS THEY ARE CHEAP AND WORK GREAT!!! YOU SOULD BUY 4-5 BOXES ALSO YOU SOULD GET FORMULA WITH WIC OR BREASTFEEDING IS GREAT!!! IT IS THE BEST WAY FOR YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT AFTER THE BABY IS BORN TOO. IF FOR SOME REASON YOU DO NOT GET FORMULA WITH WIC 6 OR 7 NORMAL SIZE CONTAINERS WORK GREAT
    Nikol4270

Answer by Nikol4270 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• You don't always have issues breastfeeding just because you did with another child. Even with milk not coming in issues. I would say try to breastfeed but also get formula just because you may have problems. I had problems with my first and my second was breastfed for 14 months. With my third I dried up at 4 months. I'm not trying to make you feel bad about not breastfeeding but trying can't hurt. When my third was born he wouldn't latch on sometimes and I wouldn't try for more than 5 minutes before giving him a bottle at first. Even with my second for the first 5 days he had formula at night because he wouldn't latch on. I wanted a happy full baby not a crying empty one. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• the first 3 months a baby doesnt need that many clothes. just make sure the baby has plenty of diapers (size 1 bc u can make them fit tighter) t-shirts(3-6 months so the baby has room to grow), and socks. since it will be summer soon, it will be warm enough that the baby wont be in many clothes anyway. u should also get at least one or 2 outfits with pants and long sleeves incase of a cool or rainy day, and get a light jacket, and a light and heavy blanket. dont be ashamed to buy used baby clothes, babies only get so dirty just make sure u wash them well. wic should give formula. also u should be able to get food stamps, even if its just for the next few months while u are out of work. but seriously u only need to get the baby 2 or 3 cute outfits and some t shirts. and for eating poor, i make a lot of grits for breakfast and use either fresh potatoes or brown rice to make all meals stretch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• OP here, I have everything for the baby, just came a bit short on money for bills, once i go back to work ill be more then fine, but had a few bills come up and now im a bit short for extra money. this baby wasnt planned, and I honestly though that I could get unemployeement or something while being out of work, for the 6 weeks..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Check with soup kitchens (churches, Salvation Army, etc). They usually have diapers too. I think you have to wait to get them after baby's born but they are available.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 11:05 AM on Mar. 14, 2010