My boyfriend stole some stuff~!!!!!!!!

OMG...I've been seeing this guy for abiut a month, he is amazing, kind, compassionate, loving, FUNNY~! He's in nursing school...and loves to ride his motorcycle FAST...just loves the thrill of it, and I do too...but here's the thing, we went out to lunch today and on the way home I commented on his sunglasses asked where he got them and he told me they were $125 sunglasses but that he didn't pay for them...long story short, he STOLE THEM!! OMG...I had to make him repeat that like 10 times, because I couldn't process it...he said he hadn't stolen stuff for a year but that he had gone through about a 2 week period of stealing things!!! I asked why, he said the thrill of it, I said why did you stop, he said because he didn't want to end up in jail...In my mind stealing is dishonest, immoral, WRONG, I can't help but think he is a LIAR AND A CHEATER NOW! ...to be continued...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I guess my first thought is...what happens when a one night stand with someone is a "thrill" he can get away with? I would take high caution with someone who seems to be so preoccupied with catching the next thrill. That can come in the form of many dangerous things that will effect you in some way. I'm not saying to get rid of him...it is great that he treats you so well.
    I also think its important to know whether his manic depression is under control with counseling or not. Some people can control it without medication, but some can't. The patient has to know which they are otherwise they can really hurt themselves or the people around them. Just be careful.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Now when i think of him I swear I see the word SHITHEAD written across his forehead! People who steal like to take advantage of others, they are users and opportunists and lowlifes! I can't put this image together with the one I've had in my head of him for the past month! He started counseling for manic depression this week...he won't take medication, likes his highs , said he was on it once before and it just numbed him out...I am against drugs myself and in counseling as well...I have ptsd and many of our issues manifest themselves in the same way..I love this guy! He's awesome to me! He seems so sincere, I swear when I look in his eyes I know in my heart he is an honest person and being very real...but this makes me question his integrity and whether he is an honest person at all!!! He didnt have to tell me that but I wonder if he was proud for getting away with it, bragging maybe?? Should I kick this guy to the curb?
    Anonymous

• yes. trust is trust no matter what it entails. tell him good-bye.
    Anonymous

• Don't label him as a scum bag just because he stole from stores. It's wrong yes, but that doesn't mean that he would do that to someone he knows, and it doesn't imply that he would mistreat you. It may make you uncomfortable that he does that, but don't try to write him off as a horrible and terrible human being because of this one vice.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• He's a thrill seeker and he does it because he has deeper issues that he can't face. I'm sure he's such a charmer because that's his front. His outer shells looks so appealing, but what's on the inside? Walk away.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Well, he told you the truth, didn't he? He didn't lie to you. That's gotta count for something. Maybe you should stick it out a while, see how it goes. Just take it slow. IDK. It's your call.
    Anonymous

• Op here...I really love candy corn, if I have any I won't be wasting it by throwing it at him ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 14, 2010