Which is worse?

A mom who smokes cigs all day in the house around the children or
a mom who smokes a joint a day outside the house away from the children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think smoking around the kids is worse. Who said the kids were awake when the mother goes out to smoke weed? It doesn't say that. I have no problem with a parent that smokes outside when their kids are inside no matter what they are smoking.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• mom who smokes around the kids, whatever it is.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Anyway children... I think it is worse to sit around and smoke cigs all day... you should not do that not around you children it is not fair.
    Nikol4270

Answer by Nikol4270 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Smoking is so gross. When I worked in a daycare you could tell who the smoking moms were because their breast milk was a different color and actually smelled like cigarettes. Disgusting.

Anonymous

• Both are incredibly selfish. One, if you smoke around your children, you are killing them slowly. With the other, if you get busted you go to jail, leaving your children without mother.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Well it is medicinal in some states and what if a mother is perscribed it??? What do you think about that because it is going to start to be a common thing. People are trying to pass marijuana laws to legalize it for medicinal and recreational use. In california alone it brings in over 11 million dollers to the government. but yes in some places it is illegal and is it worth it to have to leave your child if you go to jail. Not in a million years.
    Nikol4270

Answer by Nikol4270 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Here's another thing to think about. Is it ok to smoke MJ while you are supposed to be taking care of your children? What are your children doing in the house unsupervised while you are outside smoking a joint?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

I am a mother who smokes cigs, I do smoke outside and outside only. My kids stay in the house while I am outside. My house is a home for my children and is a safe place for them. If I cant leave my kids in their own home for a minute then we have some problems!
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 11:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• neither is ok with me actually.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• "If I cant leave my kids in their own home for a minute then we have some problems! "

I guess it depends on the ages of your children. Let's get real here, no one smokes for a minute. 2-5 minutes I'd say is pretty accurate.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2010