Does anyone know about Camp Lejeune?

my dh was setenced to 80 days in the brig from his court martial on tuesday. Does anyone have any information at all? like phone number to call, letters, what I write on the letter so he gets it, and visitation? All this happened and I'm moving on Friday 2 hours away. My boys are hysterical wanting to know where dad is and I just don't know what to do?! We had a lawyer who said that there was no way he would do brig time, his charges weren't severe at all...and here I am stuck not knowing what I can do! Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, this is not something we prepared for and I'm scared and stressed out of my mind! Thank you in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Is that like jail or something? I can't imagine taking him away from his family! Sorry, but i'm not a fan of the military and how it's run!
    Anonymous

• yes its military incarceration....I'm currently despising how the military functions....they kill families...they really do and all I can do at this late hour is cry because I couldn't get to see him at all the day he was sentenced.....I have no idea what is going on and his command do nothing to help me.
    Anonymous

• Yeah...and my anti-military ways are starting to look better huh?

Your lawyer might know more than you.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• our lawyer keeps telling me that he'll be out in 80 days, that he will call me when he can....that totally doesn't help me....ugh....
    Anonymous

• What was your husband charged with? I am a little concerned that your lawyer isn't a little more forthcoming. Can you elaborate a little more?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:33 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I have a list of the phone numbers for the Brig. Please send me a message so I can send them to you. I do not want to post the numbers on here.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 1:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/phone_directory/MCB_Camp_Lejeune_2008-2009.pdf

Here is the phone directory link Try one of these I know one of them can lead you to the information you need.
    page 16 has all the Brig phone numbers. I would shoot for the Commanding Officers number first and work your way down the list. GL.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• ... Good luck !

And unless your boys are more that 13 years old, they need you to be confident and capable. You tell them that you miss Daddy and you got very upset, but that you'll be talking to Daddy tomorrow and he's going to be away for a few days ...

Take yourself in hand. This was not a life-threatening car accident. Your husband is not missing out in a blizzard where every second counts. Breathe. ... You're a mother, you have the power to be a grown-up.

Then you all have something to eat, and you sit together on the couch while you read a really good book, letting the sound of your voice soothe away the fright and tension caused by your hysterics. Let them curl up with you all bundled in warm blankets. Read 4 books if you have to, until everybody's emotions are better.

Let them fall asleep in your arms. It's important. Adults have coping skills, but children can actually experience being annihilated by trauma.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• And I wonder - where are his parents in this situation? (Because I know I would be VERY involved & physically present if my Marine Corps son was having a court martial - especially if my daughter-in-law had children to be mothering)

And for your needs, do you have parents, sisters or brothers, friends to help you handle finding out information AND keeping the children okay AND dealing with a move? I would myself come over to help you, but I'm in California. Try the Military Moms Group here in CafeMom to see if anyone is near you to help.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Yes, your children need YOU, his parents need to be on the same page, coping with the law and the military, keeping you informed and taking your input, but at the same time letting you mother your terrified children. Right now everybody needs to be doing their part and helping everyone else do their part. This should not be all on your shoulders.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Mar. 14, 2010