Would you TTC when your baby is 10 months old?

A friend of mine is and I thought is was kind of crazy but maybe it's just me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, I wouldn't. It's a life style choice and I couldn't personally handle it. As is my children are 5 years apart.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I wasn't "trying"...but my OB says if your not using contraceptives you are trying......but I got preg @ 12 months and had twins. And then after my twins got preg @ 10 months with #4. So to say the least we're done, and i'm young....and i'll be 43 when all my kids are GROWN! That's the upside. The downside is it's total chaos at times, but you learn to adapt. If your easy to adapt to situations then life isn't bad with kids right after each other! :)
    I wouldn't worry about what other's choices are when it comes to that. Just be thankful it isn't you and move on with your life!
    Anonymous

• i agree. I would worry about yourself. I personally think it would be fun to have kids grow up together and be close in age..my boyfriend on the other hand, does not!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 11:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2010

• personally i wouldnt bc i dont want the additional stress of 2 small children versus one small baby and say a 5 year old that can do things for himself. also i would do anything to avoid having 2 TEENAGERS in my house at the same time! teens are hell and 2 would make u nutty!
    Anonymous

• I didn't and wouldn't but some people think it's great so ohhh well.
    ThePinkRobot

Answer by ThePinkRobot at 12:02 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I'm not "worried" about it. I was just wanting some others thoughts on this...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I don't know if I would actually TRY to do it that way but I had 3 kids right in a row. When my oldest was 10 months I was already 4 months pregnant with my 2nd child and when he was 10 months I was 6 months pregnant with my 3rd. I really didn't think much of it but we weren't trying to get pregnant either time (just dumb luck). They are 9, 8 and 7 now. I can't imagine doing it any other way. The older they get the more problems they give me, though. The toddler years were a snap compared to what the teen years will be like (just based on my oldest starting to hit puberty, ugh).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• That is when i started TTC for my 2nd -- but it took a year and now they are 26 months apart...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• No i would not. For the health of my own body (which might also affect the health of the next child) i would wait 2 years before TTC.

But to each their own!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• My 1st child was 16 1/2 mos. old when my 2nd child was born,
    my 2nd child would have been around 19-19 1/2 mos. old when my 3rd was born but she was still born 4 mos. early (she was due 12 days before my 1st child's 3rd bday),
    my 4th (3rd living) child was born 16 mos. and 3 weeks after his sister was "born asleep" (my older 2 were 12 days shy of 4 and 2 years, 7 months & 9 days old)
    &
    my 5th (4th living) child was born 5 days shy of my 4th turning 16 mos. old (the older 2 were a few weeks from turning 4 and 5 years & 3 1/2 moss. old).

So, to me starting TTC when your 1st is 10 mos. old is perfectly fine. Why do people always act like it's the end of the world if children are spaced close together?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2010