Pregnant, overweight and feeling stupid.

My son is 16 months old. I was 155 when I got pregnant with him...which use to be my "fat" weight. I gained 50 pounds with him, because I was "eating for two". I lost 35 pounds and now I'm pregnant again. I haven't gotten over feeling fat from number 1 and now I'm just so afraid of going over (or being near) 200 again. I work full time, and like a lot of us I don't have time for heathly snacks and or time to bake myself chicken breasts. I'm looking into prenatal yoga, but I am still in the first trimester sleepies and would rather sleep than work out. I am going to commit myself to it soon, but I fall off the wagon easily. I also work on my feet for 8 hours a day, I just have bad metabolism and a sweet tooth.

Anyway, I suppose even you skinny cute pregos feel fat, so I'm not excluding you. What did you all do to make yourself eat better and feel like the radiant prego you are? I just want to feel good for once!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I say go to discoveryhealth.com I'm pregnant and tired and was laying on the couch watching cooking shows. They have healthy recipes with like 4 ingredients and this one guy makes three meals in half an hour. So look around there. Oh and if you the green bags they work wonders. You can buy for the week and everything stays fresh. Also you can buy frozen and that will keep for a long time and it's just as healthy. Hope this helps i'm in the same boat i gained 60lbs with my first and didn't really lose anything despite being the gym everyday. So i'm hoping to gain as little as possible because my frame can't take much more.
    Anonymous

• FRUIT! It's good for you and it's not a whole lot of calories. Also, get like 100 calorie granola bars and have bottled water instead of juice or soda!
    buy baby carrots and snack on those. have your sweets, but in moderation! 3 mini reeses or something, but not more than 2x's a day...
    I drink chocolate milk when i'm having a sweet tooth attack...so it's not all that bad for me! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I went and bought myself some new maternity clothes at a boutique (which I would never do normally) having cute clothes that fit really made me feel better about my weight!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 12:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I love fruit! Actually I crave oranges and kiwi! Unfortunitly the oranges us here have been dry lately. I drink mainly water, but have a soda every now and then for a treat. I HATE baby carrots! LOL! I buy them with good intentions, but my husband ends up eating them! I was thinking about trying to make filling smooties out of spinach and strawberries ....I know it sounds weird but if there are any good earth people out there please give me some receipes! Thank you so far ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• aww girl your pregnant and wether you gain a little weight or a lot you are beautiful because you are doing the most beautiful thing of all...creating a human! I didnt gain much weight (not bragging because i still felt fat and crappy) but even now with this busy life I make ( and by make I mean open up a bag or can) that will last longer than just one meal! Instead of spending money on crappy take out food everyday for lunch I pack a lunch with like carrots, peaches, or grapes, sandwich, something super easy and add like a cosmic brownie (they are the shit!) so you will take care of your sweet tooth but your getting a well balanced meal. And for prenatal yoga..I did that once and stopped after 15 minutes to go eat oreos so a helpful tip-don't have oreos in the house while you try to do yoga!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:34 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I walked a lot during my second pregnancy and didn't gain a lot of weight. I had gained 48 lbs with the first and hadn't lost much of it by the time I was pregnant again and that was 5 years later.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:34 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Walking is key. Do it first thing if you can, set the alarm earlier. ..even if its just for 20 min. Or go for a 20 min walk when you wake up, at lunch, and when you get home. Scout out all the great parks in your area, you might find some beautiful trails.I promise you, you will feel less tired as soon as you get moving. Remember your pregnant, your going to gain weight, you just don't want to go overboard....and even if you gain more than you planned as long as you keep up the physical activity during pregnancy you'll recover faster.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• dbodani! Nice!
    I had to laugh cause my husband brought me home my favorite girl scout cookies and I really don't want them here. So what better way to get rid of them?....eat them. He hides chocolate all over the house so when I have a sweet craving he doesn't have to run to the store.....I really have to talk to him about that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I only gained 20 with DS and it was gull bladder was bad so I was sick all the time. And now with DD I watch what I eat and have been working since now that Im pregnant I have some metablisom. Ive only gained 2lbs and Im 32 weeks.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 1:59 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• 1st, Don't "eat for two" That is not the case. You only need like 200 more calories a day. For snacks even when I am not pregnant I eat lots of baby carrots and ranch, apples and cheese, bananas, and I love to drink that V8 splash. It actually makes me not feel the munchies so I will drink that between meals.
    When eating regular meals eat real servings. I can tell you that the servings most eat these days are way more than an actual serving. IE pasta is only suppose to be a cup or something. Believe me that is A LOT of food still.
    I think the prenatal yoga will make you feel better too. I am going to do it as well just to stay limber and now feel like blah, but I too am in the 1st trimester and only want to sleep LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:30 AM on Mar. 14, 2010