Cps safety plan

ok..me and my partner cant live in the same house currently due to cps..and accuasations of domestic violence. I have my kids. Anyways...my safety plan has been expired for almost a week now. This ordeal has been goin on for almost three months. They just started me on domestic violence class two weeks ago. They just started him on a substance assesment this past week. We cant ever get ahold of these people, they rarely call. We have like 6 different case workers working on it and it doesn't seem like it's organized or like the right side knows what the hell the left side wants! we're confused. We've called the dps consumer affairs line for cps, they are supposed to be investing gating the case for us...and no call backs from them either....We dont know what to do. Our family is seperated and we feel devastated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know this is not the advice you're looking for, but I would under no circumstances tell you to stay with a guy who's abusing you. I'm sorry, just goes against everything that's right. I know you probably love him, and it might be worth it to you, but not to put your kids in danger. I would say get away from him and start over. Not that it's going to make any difference. At least you're trying to get help....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• these are accusations. They were false though!! that's the thing. We were verbally arguing outside and we got a call for a domestic disturbance. We know who called cps though and why they did it, we're just trying to do our part, so i dont know what to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I would just keep trying to get ahold of them, & get a lawyer to contact CPS if they continue to ignore you. Keep a log of all the contact you make (or attempt to make) with them to show in court, if necessary.
    I would definitely NOT go against the safety plan though- they might try to use that against you & take your kids away. Better safe than sorry, in that respect.
    Sorry this is happening to you. A-holes.
    Good luck.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 4:18 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• i have a sister who is insanely jealous and coniving. I've caught her doing several things to frame other family members to create drama...for example when were younger she took hairdye and was dripping it in the sink as my mom has a pet peve about hair dye getting in the sink..i catch her do this while she's on the phone telling my mom that my dad got hair dye all in the sink..thats an example....well me and her got into an argument around christmas for several little things, including her telling me that my daughter whom was 9 months and contently drinking out of a sippy cup needed to be drinking out of a bottle...this coming from a woman who has no children as well as her talking shit about me to our mother in my home...so she ran to my neighbors house crying asking for gas money to get home. Well we made up..she left two days later. I got a call from cps saying a report was made...hmm funny the same day she left...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Mar. 16, 2010