1. Do you think there is any benefit to EBF-ing beyond 6 months (delaying solids)? (For mom's who believe in EBF-ing)
2. Did you notice your baby/babies slept more or better when they start on solids? (People say rice cereal helps, but some experts say it makes no difference... just wondering what your experience has been)
3. What did you start your babies on and why?
4. Any other input.
Answer by LeanneC at 4:17 AM on Mar. 14, 2010
This website will answer all your questions.
1. My opinion about 'delaying' solids is that it shouldn't be called "delayed." It should just be the time the baby is ready, and in my experience, both of my daughters did not show interest in food until 7 months, and they only ate very small amounts. I gave them solids as they were ready... it was a gradual process. They gradually started eating/wanting more. Neither of them replaced breastfeeding until they were both after age one, and even then, it was complimentary to food intake.
2. I think that every baby is different.
3. I started my babies on food. Not rice cereal. They ate foods that are naturally mushy, like bananas, avocados, rice mixed with water or breastmilk, etc. The website has a list that I used.
4. You're doing great! :)
Answer by squish at 12:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2010
Answer by Farrahann at 1:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2010
Answer by Busimommi at 1:04 AM on Mar. 14, 2010
Answer by Danyellimom at 1:27 AM on Mar. 14, 2010
Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2010
Answer by LeanneC at 4:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2010
Answer by rkoloms at 9:09 AM on Mar. 14, 2010
Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2010
Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:08 AM on Mar. 14, 2010