I need to vent...

I have been ill for seven days. Last night was the worst and i was up till 4 am. Today i went to the doctor and he informed me that i have Strep throat and ear infection. Because I had not slept well throghout the night and could not nap during the day due to kids, I decided to take a late nap. I fell asleep around 5pm and by 8pm my DH wakes me so that i can take care of the kids while he and his friend go to play pool. I am so disappointed in my DH. Its been one too many. I feel like I am married to a teenager (selfish, inconsiderate and immature). Its 10pm and I am up with kids and my throat is throbbing.

alejandra559

Asked by alejandra559 at 1:04 AM on Mar. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sorry! I am the type of person who let's things go very easily..but things wear on me and I resent my boyfriend when this happens. I honestly think the best thing to do is to tell him how you feel. Most times I would say let it go but I think that is kinda messed up!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 1:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I had a problem kind of like this yesterday. I had surgery 2 days ago and I have a 5 month old. Instead of resting like I was supposed too, I took care of my DD all day yesterday while my fiance was outside hanging out. I ended up firmly telling him how I felt last night and of course he got mad but he woke up today, took the baby and took care of her while I slept ALL day. I was so proud of him! lol
    You are sick, he can give you this time to get better. It's not like he can't put his plans on hold for a couple of days until you are feeling better. You definately need to tell him how you feel.
    I really hope you feel better soon!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• typical guy!! They get sick and it's the end of the world. You get sick and you still have 6000 things to do. I feel ya. I'm so sorry. I hope you get better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• WHY ARE MEN SELFISH? THAT WAS SELFISH ON HIS PART I KNOW IF THAT WAS ME HE WILL NEVER HEAR THE END. YES TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL BECAUSE I KNOW THAT HURTED COMING FROM HIM. FAMILY IS ALWAYS IMPORTANT AND COME FIRST. IF THOSE ARE HIS REAL FRIENDS THEY WOULD UNDERSTAND AND BE READY FOR THE NEXT TIME.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• thanks for your reply. I too feel like i am recenting my husband. The crazy thing is that i don't see myself married to anyone else.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Ohhh that is not very considerate of him. Did you tell him you are sick??? I mean, men sometimes need to have things spelled out for them.

Definitely not ok that he did that. You need him to stay home Sunday so you can rest and not have to worry about kids.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• Ugh, men. I agree, sometimes you have to just put it to them simply. When we were young parents I had to " tell" my husband when I wanted him to take over so I could rest because I was too sick to fully care for our children. After a while he would ask me when I was sick if I needed him to stay home or ask how he could help.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I've seen quite a few of your posts about your husband choosing to put pool before you, even taking off for 10 hours at a time, leaving you at home with the kids and never even bothering to call. You're very right, he sounds selfish, inconsiderate, and immature just like you said but even worse it sounds like you're at the bottom of his list of priorities. Whatever you've said to him about his behavior obviously isn't making a difference, it's time to stand up for yourself and put your foot down. He'll keep treating you like a doormat as long as you keep letting him get away with it. I'm sorry you're sick and he's not there for you, you may not see yourself being married to anyone else but I hope you can see yourself being treated with more respect by the man you did marry. Good luck and sorry I really mean no offense by anything I said, it just makes me sad to see a man with so little compassion for his wife.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I've been through the same thing with my husband. apparently you can tell them until you are blue in the face - hard to do with strep! and they don't understand how bad you feel. He's probably thinking that you aren't that bad, and probably figures that if you can take care of the kids, then you can while he goes to play pool.
    He's wrong, but he just doesn't get it, and no one wants to think of their loved one truely being sick-
    wish I had a good answer, but I just had this out with my hubby about a past injury- that I can't have this happen again.
    Could your doctor explain it to him?
    if not, is there a relative you can call on to help- hope it gets better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• men are so selfish when it comes to us getting sick, they think we should just go about our normal day as if we wern't feeling like crap, then when they get sick, it's a whole nother ballgame, they can't do anything, at all. it's pathetic. I feel you. hope you feel better soon! : )
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2010